*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Soldato
Well so far we have 9 entries for 'R'... though sadly one is a RUBY! :mad:

R - Red = RED ....Ruby does NOT count

Dam your eyes DJ - I just had to go double check mine wasn't a ruby after you posted that :p

WELL HELLO YOU LOVELY LOT!! HAVE YA MISSED US??? passes round Whitby rock and Yorkshire beers. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Been on holiday then? Whitby / Yorkshire?

Soldato
I've got a Ruby Red Ale I could enter... :D I'll probably enter another though purely as it's quite interesting, it might not quite meet "Red Ale" though (it's an Ale with red in the name :() I don't have anything else.

Associate
On Tuesday the weather was pretty poor, so we went to Masham, home of a couple of breweries. I hope Mrs S might have pictures from Black Sheep as I didn't manager to get any worth posting. It was a brilliant visitor center, but as i was a working environment it was extremely difficult to hear the tour.
As it was getting later in the day, we also went to the Theakstons visitor center. I'm honestly not sure if they do tours as it was later in the day. Still, we decided to share one of their "tasting boards", and it was great...
20130702_161550.jpg

I have to say that Rivers Answer is one of the strangest beers I've tried. It's a smoked beer, but is very tasty. We found one other pub selling it, so had some there too later in the week, just to make sure.
Still, hopefully with our few days away, we might have found a few 4-pointers and some new glasses to enjoy them from...
20130705_163854.jpg

Soldato
That's a fantastic selection you've got there Mr Seabiscuit sounds (and looks) like you both had a cracking holiday. :D

We're booked up for Kraków in Sept and I'm hoping to pick up a few beers there - I'm also hoping for a few nights down in York at some point where (under the pretence of allowing me to practice my photography skills) we can sample even more ales :p

Soldato
Well we are sampling are Yorkshire purchases! nicely mixed with our own wit beer we made. I have just taken my red beer and stout beer photos ready to post. So good luck my lil red and lil stout beers! :D:D:D (Simon you may be right I may be slightly tipsy! I shall blame it on the fumes of the beer were currently making)

Associate
I may be slightly tipsy! I shall blame it on the fumes of the beer were currently making

Right. But it is cooling down to pitch the yeast into. There is zero alcohol in it yet. That's where our little army of yeasty minions come into play and munch sugars and, um, produce (yeah, I know all about microbiology and biochemistry me) booze.
Any tipsyness is all in your head (and other internal organs), or is caused by bottles of cool beer in this nice weather.

Back
Top Bottom