*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Soldato
England - 3
Scotland - 1
Wales -
Norn Iron - 1

Just want to check. What country have we actually decided on here? I'm either being dumb (very likely) or theres no post saying and the final winner is ......

Adding the latest entries onto the above votes would make:

• England - 4
  • Scotland - 3
  • Wales -
  • Norn Iron - 1

So it would appear England is currently winning. However with only 8 votes cast and 17 people on the points table it's a bit of a poor show so far guys. If voting is finishing tonight allowing us three days to make our purchases and submit entries then everyone else will need to be quick to get their vote in.

Caporegime
Come on peeps, without macca the competition could quite possibly have died away. I know and am sure macca can testify, it takes a hell of a lot of time and effort running this thing. Once again macca, cheers mate for keeping it alive :)

Tea Drinker
Don
OP
Cheers DJ

I don't think people picked up on my post that one of the regulars is on holiday and has submitted an English beer a couple of weeks ago.

Be a bit unfair to penalise them. Anyway the majority wanted good old England :)

Soldato
So - we're going with Ingerland :p

I have no problem with that. And I've got to choose what I think is the most popular beer available in order to receive maximum points - right?

On a more serious note I've no doubt organising and running a competition like this would take up quite a substantial amount of an individuals spare time. While we can all share and enjoy the banter (in relation to DJ & Macca) I'm sure we can also recognise we have to prioritise here, and when it comes to family time (making sure the kids are in bed and spending time away with the OH etc) there can be no exceptions. I for one thank both DJ for the initial idea and Macca for taking over the reins and trying his best to keep us all in check. :)

Soldato
I just want to agree with SF here.

I know I might give Macca the Slacca a hard time but I appreciate all the effort it must take. I know it's late in the comp but I'd be happy to change results night for any future weeks/competitions. Saturday night is a big night in anyone's week so to forfeit that even once in the name of BOTW deserves huge thanks :)

Soldato
Will be interesting to see what everyone goes with. I punted with England as I'm off on holiday at the moment and looking round the shops there's no UK beers on sale.

Enjoy your holiday bud :)

Could be a game changing round. .....

I'm thinking the same - I'll find out when I get in from work later tonight though ;)

Back
Top Bottom