*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Soldato
I have issue with b there are only 6 trapiste Belgian brewers so being unique will be hard also my local won't give me the bottle but serve it in a branded glass

Soldato
I have issue with b there are only 6 trapiste Belgian brewers so being unique will be hard also my local won't give me the bottle but serve it in a branded glass

Yes, but those six breweries probably brew around 30 beers altogether. Remember, it's the beer not the brewery that you get points on.
And I imagine if you ask them for the bottle they'll happily give it to you! Or at the very least, let you take a picture. I've never heard of a pub not willing to give you the beer you want in the bottle it comes in!

Wonder if anyone will enter the Westvleteren? I'd be immensely jealous.

Last edited:
Soldato
.Belgium beers are expensive they get the rebate returning the glass and it's about 20 beers or 15 one you remove chimay as that's in tescos.

I just think b for Belgian and t for trapiste would be better

I'll see if they will let me grab a photo at the bar and just look dead weird getting my botw piece of paper out ha

Soldato
Too late now! We don't want to make it too easy! Hell, I've explained to pubs in the past what I've been doing and they generally seem to be quite supportive and think it's a good idea.

Associate
No it's fine just got to decide which one is the winner I have no problem looking like a prat

Me and MrsS have looked a prat doing this in pubs before, got a few strange looks, but peole just get on with their own beers regardless. And I know you, I've been in pubs with you, I'm sure you won't have too much problem looking a wally in a pub :p :D
Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom