Beer B (2nd Most Unique) = 2 Points
Beer C and D (Any leftover) = 1 Point

Doing your way yes.

Though the original way meant:

Beer A = 3 points + 1 valid entry = 4
Beer B = 2 points + 1 valid entry = 3
Beer C = 1 point + 1 valid entry = 2
Beer D = 0 point + 1 valid entry = 1

It's only one point but it can have a big impact later on, especially in popular choice rounds. Like I said the single point for a valid entry was introduced to prevent people from walking away with zero points after going to the trouble of buying and entering a beer. I myself in one competition had beer D and zero points as we didn't have the valid entry scoring.

It's really not complicated (not saying you're confused Marv) and just helps with scoring. The Macca added 'Jester' card also benefits from this scoring too.

Having said all this, it's your comp. and let the people decide :)

Soldato
I originally posted this in the results thread (my apologies) lets keep all discussions in this thread as intended:

:D

So we do what we've always done before - take a vote on whether my entry is valid or not and I'll go with the majority. ;)

The above still stands - I'm guessing the majority so far from what I've seen votes against (fair enough) as I've stated before it's all in fun and it's all about trying new beers you wouldn't normally have purchased. :D

On topic - regardless what way the vote goes my beer was very, very bland and easily forgettable. Not one I'd recommend and not one I'd buy again.

Soldato
Yea, think it might be a tight week this week!

Still no word from Macca about last weeks controversy, come on son. Pull your socks up! Rojin, if Sonea is getting 3 points for his beer last week (which apparently he is, as Macca hasn't entered into discussion to suggest otherwise) then I'd enter one of yours from France or Holland. To me, it's against the rules but meh! May as well?

And I've seen he's changed the scoring, fair enough, whatever. But, he hasn't updated the original post with the rules. It's OK in these early stages, but it's going to get confusing with so many rules being thrown around and only half of them adhered to.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lack of response means I'd guess Macca has been pretty busy this week Ahleckz. I've just emailed off my entry for tonight so we'll see what happens. As for last weeks entry, well I've already stated I'm quite happy to go with the majority. This competition is all in fun and about trying new beers we wouldn't normally buy, though last weeks isn't one I recommend as it was really bland. . . :(

Soldato
Lack of response means I'd guess Macca has been pretty busy this week Ahleckz. I've just emailed off my entry for tonight so we'll see what happens. As for last weeks entry, well I've already stated I'm quite happy to go with the majority. This competition is all in fun and about trying new beers we wouldn't normally buy, though last weeks isn't one I recommend as it was really bland. . . :(

As I can't find a Belgian Trappist I'm more than happy for beer styles to stand :D Sadly though it does look like it has to be brewery based in the particular country :confused:

I was surprised that I couldn't even find any Chimay in the shops. I did contemplate taking a biro to a bottle of Leffe :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom