• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official OCUK Cinebench R20 benchmark Thread ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Lol guys. Leave poor old humbug alone. He is still down in the dumps since maccy told him no regarding us getting more emojis on the forum. He even said please, but maccy would not budge :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Fancied having one more go to see if I could get a higher single thread score and it was a resounding success. My multi core score suffers using the settings below, but single core one goes from 520 to 533 :)

@humbug you can bump me up to 15th place now mate :D

Cinebench-R20-Ryzen-3600-4-6-GHz-1-4v.jpg

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Impressive all core for a 3600! How are you achieving that?

Edit - I see you're using 4.6 on half the cores. What's your cooling?
Hah. Wish it was all core 3600, I would have a magical chip on my hands. Lol

The purpose of this run was for single 4.6GHz core score. The multi core score is nothing special. My 4.5GHz all core score is close to 4000 pts for example.

Cooling is a Dark Rock Pro 4. For the multi core run it was max 72C I think.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Ah... ASRock are skipping that one on my board and going straight to 10004, some time this or next month.
Don't think the bios has much to do with the overclock to be honest, that is more how the stock settings behave from what I understood but I could be wrong.

Weird thing is I barely see my cpu hit 4.2GHz on stock. I see 4.15GHz more. Could be because not enough load when I have looked.

But in any case I get better performance and lower power usage and temps when at 4.2GHz all core at 1.15v. Could be that the amount of voltage is not enough to be considered 100% Rock solid stable, but so far it has been fine for me. As soon as I get a blue screen or something weird I can always up the voltage a little. Even 1.2v at 4.2GHz would be better than my stock settings in every way.

Caporegime
OP
Don't think the bios has much to do with the overclock to be honest, that is more how the stock settings behave from what I understood but I could be wrong.

Weird thing is I barely see my cpu hit 4.2GHz on stock. I see 4.15GHz more. Could be because not enough load when I have looked.

But in any case I get better performance and lower power usage and temps when at 4.2GHz all core at 1.15v. Could be that the amount of voltage is not enough to be considered 100% Rock solid stable, but so far it has been fine for me. As soon as I get a blue screen or something weird I can always up the voltage a little. Even 1.2v at 4.2GHz would be better than my stock settings in every way.

They are segmented, defiantly artificially limited to their box cited Ghz at stock.

The thing is, and this is probably where you got lucky, if they run out of 'bottom of the barrel' 3600 Binned dies because of high demand for that SKU they have to take from the higher quality pile, i be wouldn't surprised if your chip was from the 3800X or even the illusive 3900X pile.

And you can't have a 3600 out boosting a 3700X at stock.

This is the reward you might get for waiting until later in the production run, i bought mine very early, it doesn't even get 2 seconds into Cinebench at 4.2Ghz all core even at 1.425v without hardlocking, its defiantly bottom of the barrel.

Last edited:
Associate
On PBO mode, my 3900x will push 1.38 volts for an all core overclock of 4.05ghz on a avx load. If I do the same manually, I can do 4.3 Ghz which needs about 1.35v. It can do a 4.3Ghz all core at 1.3v and pass cinebench, but an avx h264 100% load will crash eventually. I like the lower temps manually overclock can give you due to lower volts, but it just seems AMD set the a very conservative margin for stability which results in high volts and lower clock speeds.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
They are segmented, defiantly artificially limited to their box cited Ghz at stock.

The thing is, and this is probably where you got lucky, if they run out of 'bottom of the barrel' 3600 Binned dies because of high demand for that SKU they have to take from the higher quality pile, i be wouldn't surprised if your chip was from the 3800X or even the illusive 3900X pile.

And you can't have a 3600 out boosting a 3700X at stock.

This is the reward you might get for waiting until later in the production run, i bought mine very early, it doesn't even get 2 seconds into Cinebench at 4.2Ghz all core even at 1.425v without hardlocking, its defiantly bottom of the barrel.
Yeah I agree, makes sense :)

On PBO mode, my 3900x will push 1.38 volts for an all core overclock of 4.05ghz on a avx load. If I do the same manually, I can do 4.3 Ghz which needs about 1.35v. It can do a 4.3Ghz all core at 1.3v and pass cinebench, but an avx h264 100% load will crash eventually. I like the lower temps manually overclock can give you due to lower volts, but it just seems AMD set the a very conservative margin for stability which results in high volts and lower clock speeds.

True. The way I see it is I don't use those workloads so why do I need all those extra vaults that create extra heat? I just go by what my needs are and adjust based on that. So far 1.15v seems fine for 4.2GHz which I am happy with testing out for a while to see how it goes.

Caporegime
OP
@tommoT.Striker i run PBO 24/7, i get around 4.1Ghz in games, 4Ghz in heavy workloads but that is down to good temps, i have a half decent cooler on it, if you can keep temps under 60c it seems to boost quite well in heavy workloads.

Lack of Overclocking could also be my Motherboard i guess, £90 board 3 years ago, early Ryzen boards were never much good, especially in this price range. having said that's its always been rock solid if you just leave it alone.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350 Pro4/

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
@tommoT.Striker i run PBO 24/7, i get around 4.1Ghz in games, 4Ghz in heavy workloads but that is down to good temps, i have a half decent cooler on it, if you can keep temps under 60c it seems to boost quite well in heavy workloads.

Lack of Overclocking could also be my Motherboard i guess, £90 board 3 years ago, early Ryzen boards were never much good, especially in this price range. having said that's its always been rock solid if you just leave it alone.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350 Pro4/
Yeah, I do think the board does have a little to do with it. Not saying you will be getting a huge boost if you changed to the board I have, but there is probably a good chance you would at least get a 100mhz all core boost.

Caporegime
OP
Yeah, I do think the board does have a little to do with it. Not saying you will be getting a huge boost if you changed to the board I have, but there is probably a good chance you would at least get a 100mhz all core boost.

I did Highlight - Right click Google Search the board in your signature, i like it, a new board has been on my mind even before i replaced the Ryzen 1600 but the delay of B550 boards has put a halt to that idea, i find it difficult to stomach £200+ on a board for a £180 CPU.

I've even considered going high end B450 or mid X470 with the prices on those now being quite reasonable but i know if i did that B550's will land soon after and i would kick myself.

I'll wait a bit more...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I did Highlight - Right click Google Search the board in your signature, i like it, a new board has been on my mind even before i replaced the Ryzen 1600 but the delay of B550 boards has put a halt to that idea, i find it difficult to stomach £200+ on a board for a £180 CPU.

I've even considered going high end B450 or mid X470 with the prices on those now being quite reasonable but i know if i did that B550's will land soon after and i would kick myself.

I'll wait a bit more...
Got my board for £189 myself. The thought is some years down the line to pop in a cheap 12-16 core 4000 series from members market as people sell up to go for the 5000 or 6000 series :p

Caporegime
OP
And there's me considering the ASRock watercooled board and a 3950X when it launches. :D

That $999 glorious monstrosity? DO IT!!!! :D

Got my board for £189 myself. The thought is some years down the line to pop in a cheap 12-16 core 4000 series from members market as people sell up to go for the 5000 or 6000 series :p

That's a pretty good idea.

Man of Honour
That $999 glorious monstrosity? DO IT!!!! :D

Yes indeed that one (it's £950 on OcUK) as well as 128 GB of RAM if I can find the DIMMs and use it as an extension to my homelab as well as for gaming. It's eye wateringly expensive though so I think I'll stick my my 8086k for now. Still very tempting!

Caporegime
OP
Yes indeed that one (it's £950 on OcUK) as well as 128 GB of RAM if I can find the DIMMs and use it as an extension to my homelab as well as for gaming. It's eye wateringly expensive though so I think I'll stick my my 8086k for now. Still very tempting!

Yeah its a stupid board, a gloriously stupid board but if you've got that much money to burn on epeen... i would! Because shiny.

Back
Top Bottom