• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official OCUK Cinebench R20 benchmark Thread ***

Man of Honour
Wow! this thread is certainly now bringing on feelings of inadequacy in us 9900K owners

..I'll just have to savour & appreciate those extra 2 fps in gaming even more now.:p
Haha, I must admit I was a little worried about my 3760X after having a 8086K, however in any game I've tried it so far it's been absolutely fine.

Associate
Any tips one what to do better? Totally noob question can i have pbo AND auto oc at the same time? Is it something ryzen master does or do i do that in the bios?

Got the x570 Aorus Master

Associate
Any tips one what to do better? Totally noob question can i have pbo AND auto oc at the same time? Is it something ryzen master does or do i do that in the bios?

Got the x570 Aorus Master
Another noob here but Yes i think you can, enable PBO and also select + 200mhz , you can do in bios or ryzen master up to you.

Associate
4.35ghz @ 1.4V , passed 2 hours of p95 so far :D

FbWtmSpBRaOsMwppgl4D_A.png

And , never got that benchmark hitting the 4.6-7 range, so I manually OCed a single core to 4.7 , I have also tried to OC my best CCX0 , 4 cores @ 4.7 but the results were the same :confused:

aeAvOOnIRxKiVo1RSkBo_g.png

@TNA I'll be taking over now :p

Associate
Thank you i will give it a try when i finish off the setup. What did you do to reach 4.3ghz i might give it a go myself
Manually OCed all cores to 4.3 with voltage @ 1.4V, did 30min p95 runs and if successful decrease voltage , until I started getting errors, My last stable voltage was at 1.35V and it seems to be stable. I'm working now for that 4.35ghz, seems that cooling won't be a problem here :)

Also your score is definitely good with only pbo and auto OC, I was getting around 9500 as well with those settings.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
4.35ghz @ 1.4V , passed 2 hours of p95 so far :D

FbWtmSpBRaOsMwppgl4D_A.png

And , never got that benchmark hitting the 4.6-7 range, so I manually OCed a single core to 4.7 , I have also tried to OC my best CCX0 , 4 cores @ 4.7 but the results were the same :confused:

aeAvOOnIRxKiVo1RSkBo_g.png

@TNA I'll be taking over now :p
Haha. Nice. I knew that CPU would be the one to take my score down :p

Can you go any higher than 4700MHz? Try increasing in 25MHz increments. What voltage did you set by the way?

Associate
Haha. Nice. I knew that CPU would be the one to take my score down :p

Can you go any higher than 4700MHz? Try increasing in 25MHz increments. What voltage did you set by the way?
1.4125 V in ryzen master, anything more than 4700MHz and my pc crashes :D

I still don't get it why the cores don't get to that speed w.o OC

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
1.4125 V in ryzen master, anything more than 4700MHz and my pc crashes :D

I still don't get it why the cores don't get to that speed w.o OC
They never were meant to. That boost is for a single core as far as I understand. Don’t think you will ever get every core to work at that speed unless you have some golden chip.

Associate
Manually OCed all cores to 4.3 with voltage @ 1.4, did 30min p95 runs and if successful decrease voltage , until I started getting errors, My last stable voltage was at 1.35V and it seems to be stable. I'm working now for that 4.35, seems that cooling won't be a problem here :)

Also your score is definitely good with only pbo and auto OC, I was getting around 9500 as well with those settings.
Yeah it was pbo but couldnt get pbo + auto oc so will give a try to do pbo and up the mhz tonight.

What cooling are you using?

Associate
They never were meant to. That boost is for a single core as far as I understand. Don’t think you will ever get every core to work at that speed unless you have some golden chip.
I never meant all cores at 4.7 :D but r20 single core test is supposed to test a single core, the most I've seen without OC was an average of 4.4GHz

Yeah it was pbo but couldnt get pbo + auto oc so will give a try to do pbo and up the mhz tonight.

What cooling are you using?

Corsair H150i Pro with push/pull configuration.

Associate
I never meant all cores at 4.7 :D but r20 single core test is supposed to test a single core, the most I've seen without OC was an average of 4.4GHz

Corsair H150i Pro with push/pull configuration.
Thats nice, i got me the Arctic Cooling Freezer II 280 hope it does the job. will update this post tonight if i get better results

Associate
Have a look at this,
This is the core behaviour when running all cores test, all cores at 100%

cUTFLvZMQg6qJV_1Nda4sg.png

And this is when running the single core test, see how 2 cores are being used at random frequencies?

WczqCt7vTKCZVAnvSDfEBg.png

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Have a look at this,
This is the core behaviour when running all cores test, all cores at 100%

cUTFLvZMQg6qJV_1Nda4sg.png

And this is when running the single core test, see how 2 cores are being used at random frequencies?

WczqCt7vTKCZVAnvSDfEBg.png
Yep. That is why when I do this OC to get my single core score here I put a whole ccx at the same speed. When I do just single core it jumps from one core to another and I get a lower score.

For my 24/7 usage though I have no issues having all cores at 4.4GHz when I manually OC. Seems to me at stock settings yours only reaches 4GHz? Might want make a profile and find which of your CCX’s are the best and stick them to 4.5GHz or something. Depends on your use case I suppose. But there is no way you will get 4.7GHz on all 16 cores working full pelt.

Associate
Yep. That is why when I do this OC to get my single core score here I put a whole ccx at the same speed. When I do just single core it jumps from one core to another and I get a lower score.

For my 24/7 usage though I have no issues having all cores at 4.4GHz when I manually OC. Seems to me at stock settings yours only reaches 4GHz? Might want make a profile and find which of your CCX’s are the best and stick them to 4.5GHz or something. Depends on your use case I suppose. But there is no way you will get 4.7GHz on all 16 cores working full pelt.

I'm currently at 4.35GHz :D that was just a test without manual OC to see the cores behaviour. I got 4.7 on a single CCX so here's that :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'm currently at 4.35GHz :D that was just a test without manual OC to see the cores behaviour. I got 4.7 on a single CCX so here's that :p
Yeah, getting 4.7GHz was expected as your cpu should have much better cherry picked silicon and also advertised as being able to hit it. Question is how much more can it do? Mine is meant to be max 4.2GHz yet I managed to hit 4.675GHz so you may still have some headroom ;)

Back
Top Bottom