• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official OCUK Cinebench R23 Benchmark Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
My quick run with PBO on for my 5950X gave me 27235, going to need to play around with the curves as it's all completely new to me.

Did almost get through a run on a manual OC 4.5GHz all core at 1.275V which was looking like it would be just under 30K, but the application errored and crashed. Think that's on an absolute knife edge with the thermals, the die was reading 95C.

I'm going to up the case cooling and get some more fans in, but do wonder if the paste job wasn't the best as the cooling seems a lot worse than others are getting - someone's even getting better results on air than I get on a H150i.

The chip itself seems decent, but having a major problem with the temperatures - I've even had PBO on default settings crash at one point due to overheating.

Anyone else using a H150i able to comment on temperatures they're getting? If I look at some of the reviews out there it looks like they're getting higher voltages and overclocks than I am using the same cooler...

Soldato
My quick run with PBO on for my 5950X gave me 27235, going to need to play around with the curves as it's all completely new to me.

Did almost get through a run on a manual OC 4.5GHz all core at 1.275V which was looking like it would be just under 30K, but the application errored and crashed. Think that's on an absolute knife edge with the thermals, the die was reading 95C.

I'm going to up the case cooling and get some more fans in, but do wonder if the paste job wasn't the best as the cooling seems a lot worse than others are getting - someone's even getting better results on air than I get on a H150i.

The chip itself seems decent, but having a major problem with the temperatures - I've even had PBO on default settings crash at one point due to overheating.

Anyone else using a H150i able to comment on temperatures they're getting? If I look at some of the reviews out there it looks like they're getting higher voltages and overclocks than I am using the same cooler...

1.3v for 4.5ghz was 65C on a Noctua DH-15, admittedly in a fairly chilly room. You may have a hot chip or yeah, paste/cooler needs looking at. Pretty sure it shouldn't be crashing under PBO due to heat as that's one of the things it's checking for when boosting. If the temp is getting too high it should just dither/throttle back, not crash.

Associate
1.3v for 4.5ghz was 65C on a Noctua DH-15, admittedly in a fairly chilly room. You may have a hot chip or yeah, paste/cooler needs looking at. Pretty sure it shouldn't be crashing under PBO due to heat as that's one of the things it's checking for when boosting. If the temp is getting too high it should just dither/throttle back, not crash.

Thanks for the input, something definitely seems off then. The build didn't come with any case fans so I actually added the rear fan from my previous build, I'll get a full set of front and rear done which will improve airflow and hopefully solve the issue. If that doesn't I'll redo the paste and change it to arctic silver or something.

I don't think the chip is running hot or any hotter than others, as when I checked HWInfo I've seen several cores boost above 5GHz even with the current setup, and it seems like it is a fairly high clocker.

Thanks again.

Associate
153377b_rfk4.png

Associate
5900x - PBO

22750 multi core
1626 single core

First AMD CPU in about 20 years. Happy, to say the least :)

5900x is my first AMD CPU ever... I'm very happy. However I've enabled PBO and my chip now boosts to 4.95ghz (from memory - currently at work) on most cores - but I can't seem to get higher than just over 21,000 on Cinebench R23. Almost exactly the same score as when I ran it stock (except for only changing XMP profile for RAM). Max temperatures are 70C stock and 79C PBO from memory so I assume my H150i is seated correctly - especially since the case has no other fans yet!

Any ideas why my multi-core is a bit lower than most?

Associate
You need to use curve

Thanks - done a little bit of Googling and this seems like a 'trial and error' adjustment but I will have a look when I get home. I may decide to be lazy by copying other people's settings at first and seeing if my silicon is up to the task!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom