Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
sturgeon wont call another ref as she wont win it.

no economic argument for independence (they never had one), wont get into the EU anyway as an independent country.

Soldato
I just hope that when they transform EU law to UK law they keep some of the more sensible laws, such as sustainability/emissions, human rights and other things like that.

The Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland devolution agreements all require the implementation of EU law into local law. It's for the devolved parliaments to repeal these EU laws and I doubt they will.

Associate
This means that Cameron will have served a shorter term as PM, compared to Major, by about a month if he does leave in October.

This is quite a shock to the system, but I think it's for the best in the long run.

Soldato
I would say i am disappointed with the turnout of the vote, whilst higher than normal, frankly 25% of non-voters could have swung the decision either way.

I'd be all for making voting a legal requirement - even if you opt to spoil your ballot.

Associate
So much bitterness in the topic from each side. The majority voted for exit, why can't we just chill and see how it plays out instead of calling each other retards and morons?

im sure it will calm down soon, you cant blame people for being angry though. There are quite afew of us that are directly and immediately affected but im sure we will all be and need to be on the same page soon enough. I dont think anyone is meaning to be person, but people have the right to be angry for now.

Soldato
image.jpg

Soldato
sturgeon wont call another ref as she wont win it.

no economic argument for independence (they never had one), wont get into the EU anyway as an independent country.

I think the EU referendum has proven the economic argument is irrelevant. People are going to vote with their hearts next time. Its just going to be England Wales Gibraltar left behind in some sort of sitcom. A sitcom of Darma & Greg levels of quality.

Soldato
I just hope that when they transform EU law to UK law they keep some of the more sensible laws, such as sustainability/emissions, human rights and other things like that.

Human rights will be one of the first that goes, likely followed by any EU laws that protect workers rights. If the Tories stay in power this country is going to get nailed. Secretly every tory wanted brexit anyway so they could unshackle themsleves from all the EU legislation that preventted them from doing some of the more heinous things. The poor are about to get done up the harris without lubrication and what's funny is that they did this to themselves.

Associate
A MAGNIFICENT DAY FOR GREAT BRITAIN!

Arise Sir Nigel Farage!

Without him none of this magnificence would have been possible!

GLORIOUS RESULT!

YES!!!!!

Mobster
Soldato
and i think personally this is were the problem lies.. It came across to me that these experts and politicians gave a poop about one thing and that's money... Money that themselves or their financial corps would loose.

They just seemed to forget who would be voting and what mattered to them.. the financial sector has taken a battering over the last ten year so can you blame people for not listening to what they have said??

No you can't but the constant demonising of respected experts just shows how broken this country is.

Just look at the Liverpool Professor. Posted only facts about remain and how leave was based on lies and misinformation. He was demonised by many on this forum and on the Internet.

It's sad that we basically can't trust anyone and this trust I think is going to take us in the wrong direction entirely. I can't see the UK positively benefiting from this and any direction we are given, I can see the people ignoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom