Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Mate, people are absolutely ****ed off with the Tories, with Cameron's smarmy face all over their personal hell. This was an opportunity to show those *******s and teach them a lesson. Desperate people do desperate things, sometimes to their own detriment.

And that's the big problem with the referendum, people voted knowing cameron would have had to have stepped down, rather than voting for what's good of the country.

Caporegime
Mate, people are absolutely ****ed off with the Tories, with Cameron's smarmy face all over their personal hell. This was an opportunity to show those *******s and teach them a lesson. Desperate people do desperate things, sometimes to their own detriment.

So the answer to show the Tories that you're hacked off with them and their policies, is to vote to hand them more power with less oversight?

Forgive me, but I'm confused.

Associate
And that's the big problem with the referendum, people voted knowing cameron would have had to have stepped down, rather than voting for what's good of the country.

I don't think that was the case at all. Leave voters voted on quite core issues - Sovereignty, freedom, border control.

I don't think anyone cared about Cameron (or any of the politicians) after about the first few days.

Associate
Stupid result, well done leave voters, 11% drop in the value of the £ is just the start - utter idiots, and proof people with no knowledge shouldn't vote.

37.5% voted Leave,
34.7% voted Remain.
27.8% did not vote.

Also might I add the lies of the 'leave' campaign is instantly coming to the surface.

I'd like to point out that it took less than 7hrs for the two big Leave points; £350million per week for the NHS, and reduction of immigration, to be retracted by prominent members of the leave campaign.

Leave voters; you were duped on these points. How many other points do you think are going to stand up?

13439213_1224456064273656_7231799370487135867_n.jpg

Interesting fact for you; referendums are illegal in Germany, because that is how Hitler gained power. He called four of them, and worked up propaganda until he won. People are easy to manipulate. How did he do that? He said Germans would lose their jobs and way of life to non-native people who didn't share their values. People who were already robbing native Germans of what was rightfully theirs.

Sound familiar? It ******* should, because it should be taught at all our schools so that this crap we have seen today could not so easily happen.

Have you ever thought of going into non-fictional writing ?

Soldato
Non EU immigration is checked at the border, unlike the EU lot.

No we don't have to accept the free movement of people to trade in the EU :confused:

Does China or the USA = No.

You are project fear.

You do realise that anything like border control will not be implemented for another couple of years? Do you also realise that should we want to continue to trade with the rest of the EU that we will have to accept freedom of movement anyway (like Norway and Switzerland)? The only difference on that front will be we now have zero ability to influence immigration across Europe. Madness.

If you think the EU will now make the transition easy for the UK (soon to be reduced), you're wrong. They will make the transition as hard as humanly possible for the UK to try and ward off other members thinking a referendum was wise.

The problem with this referendum is that it that both sides have seen this in a very black or white manner. Your average Joe has not been able to see the bigger picture - just concentrate on their own anger on issues they perceive as caused by the EU. In actual fact many of those issues exist because of the incompetence of our own government... who will now be let off their leash to **** the country up on a much greater scale, whilst simultaneously ****ing over our neighbours. GG Farage / Cameron / Boris.

Soldato
So the answer to show the Tories that you're hacked off with them and their policies, is to vote to hand them more power with less oversight?

Totally agree, and its worth re-iterating AGAIN that Cameron was in favour of the UK remaining within the EU.

An utterly ridiculous post from Cheeseyboy.

Associate
It is black and white. I don't care how hard the leave process is or the penalties we might suffer. I want to leave - and so do the majority of the country.

Threatening the nation with dire consequences for leaving was never going to work. I DON'T CARE. This is about the next 50 years, not about my personal finances over the next 5 years.

Caporegime
Because the skilled people that make up the NHS won't be allowed in the UK under a points system? That's nonsense. If you mean because people won't want to come here in the short term whilst we're half in half out, then you have a point.

It's not a question of staffing, but it's far more likely that the NHS will now suffer because the people we've just handed power to are dead set on dismantling and privatising the NHS.

Caporegime
Politics ignored the people for decades, so eventually and to much seriousness, the people ignored politics.

Accept it, this is the social agreement you signed to stay here.

Man of Honour
The Leave campaign didn't say they were going to spend £350m a week on the NHS, ploughing all the money into that wouldn't make sense.

They just used it as an example, that's how I read it anyway.

Soldato
Because the skilled people that make up the NHS won't be allowed in the UK under a points system? That's nonsense. If you mean because people won't want to come here in the short term whilst we're half in half out, then you have a point.

You're also going on the assumption that these people will now want to work in our country?

Heck even our Junior Doctors don't want to work here, so how are we going to recruit in enough Doctors and Nurses to ensure the NHS stays afloat.

Soldato

Wise up.

When you lock people up with no hope, self-harm harm rates sky-rocket. People's own misery becomes their only voice or source of power and, when desperate enough, they will use it.

I voted remain, my constituency (Stroud) voted remain, I wish we had remained. But I'm not poor or desperate, and my area is relatively comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom