Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Maybe they simply did not like the hand that was feeding them? They have the right to reject that and not be called ignorant..

Obviously there will be many who considered the issues, knew what there was too lose and decided they preferred leave as is their democratic right. But there will be a sizeable proportion who had no idea. Heck there were plenty of those in the threads on here and they are people who are more engaged with the process than the average voter!

Soldato
Why is he a fruitcake?

He is a true hero of this nation.

He was used by a few power hungry Tories for their own ends. Nothing more, nothing less. He might get a safe seat as a token gesture of goodwill at some point, but a hero? Nah. Carswell did more from the Kipper side than anyone to put a coherent, fruit-free (as much as possible with the material) argument across.

Soldato
The role of the second house is to stop the lower house passing stupid ass laws in haste or kneejerk reactions.
As soon as we make that house elected, it loses the ability to perform its role.

Better just scrap it completely if you want change, rather than pay for two sets of the same thing.

What i was thinking is that it should be elected for the reason you stated, but made of Technocrats and not politicians. So leaders and people from industry and the public services etc.

D13

D13

Associate
He was used by a few power hungry Tories for their own ends. Nothing more, nothing less. He might get a safe seat as a token gesture of goodwill at some point, but a hero? Nah. Carswell did more from the Kipper side than anyone to put a coherent, fruit-free (as much as possible with the material) argument across.

No one who votes brexit gives a damn about Carswell.

Farage and Ukip is the reason we have a referendum in the first place.

Soldato
I think some-one replied to this but I can't find the post

what happens if the House of Lords go against the vote ?

they are not democratically elected they can vote as they see fit as being best for the Country

Soldato
I keep seeing this theme re-appearing, would be nice to have a conversation with someone who voted leave in one of these places.

Well norn iron always did well out of the eu, yet the dup told their minions to vote leave and many did. The party cheered and was delighted with the overall result.
Frankly for us, with the least immigration in the uk, and with the strongest links to our southern neighbour for everything, from joint healthcare, coastguard and energy projects, it is an utterly dumbassed view.
Well done dup, you won again, and norn iron will be worse off, again.

Associate
Well norn iron always did well out of the eu, yet the dup told their minions to vote leave and many did. The party cheered and was delighted with the overall result.
Frankly for us, with the least immigration in the uk, and with the strongest links to our southern neighbour for everything, from joint healthcare, coastguard and energy projects, it is an utterly dumbassed view.
Well done dup, you won again, and norn iron will be worse off, again.
It's very strange, again though I would like to hear or have a conversation with these people on their views and opinions as it goes over my head. People must have a rational and suitable reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom