*** The Official OcUK Eurovision 2024 GD thread ***

So we get no public points and we gave 12 points to Israel. Messed up!
I find that whole audience vote very surprising, I wonder how much manipulation by societies and state have been used to generate such scores.
mSoeOwe.png

So many giving 12 and 10 points.

I wish there were rules that each country should at least sing half the song in the official language of that country.

I used to like hearing other languages and seeing the outfits from other countries.

Looks like Greta got herself arrested:

I find that whole audience vote very surprising, I wonder how much manipulation by societies and state have been used to generate such scores.

So many giving 12 and 10 points.

Do you have a link to the rest of that pls?

Interesting to see Albania, a majority Muslim country, give Israel 10 points.

I don't find it particularly surprising. Israel has strong support around the world, and the fracas over her entry will have motivated supporters to vote. You can't vote against a country, so other countries get a spread of support based on people who like one thing or another, whereas the support is concentrated.

Are you trying to say that common sense prevailed?
Yes but also whilst nobody likes seeing what's happening over there and disagree with how heavy handed Israel is they recognise why it's happening and would support their governments if something like that happened to them. Just because anti Israel mob makes a lot noise it doesn't mean they enjoy popular support.

Robbed in the final, absolute joke, clearly some non binary fairy prancing around quota had to be reached by the jury votes. Should be just the fan votes allowed.

Yes but also whilst nobody likes seeing what's happening over there and disagree with how heavy handed Israel is they recognise why it's happening and would support their governments if something like that happened to them. Just because anti Israel mob makes a lot noise it doesn't mean they enjoy popular support.
Yeah it was a solidarity vote by the silent majority.

Back
Top Bottom