[The Official] OCUK Games 2012 -Updated Daily-

Easy.

Red Dead Redemption.
RDR was revolutionary for the genre. Arkham City is good but it arguably wasn't much of an evolution from Asylum (everyone I know prefers Asylum).

Red Dead Redemption is an all-time classic.

Sleeping Dogs shouldn't have come this far, theres other games in the same style that are much better imo.

I will go with RDR.

UmmmConfused.gif

Red Dead Redemption.

Arkham City disappointed me after adoring Asylum. City felt full of too many ideas in a way, just turned too bitty and convoluted. Loved the focus of Asylum.

I didn't expect to enjoy RDR as I'm not the biggest Rockstar fan, but I loved it. Story really drew me in.

The Last of Us for me. While good I though Farcry was disappointing in quite a few respects.

Anyone notice a pattern;

1: The Walking Dead LINEAR
2: Batman Arkham AA OPEN WORLD
3: Farcry 3 OPEN WORLD
4: Heavy Rain LINEAR
5: Tomb Raider OPEN WORLD
6: Sleeping Dogs OPEN WORLD
7: Red Dead: Redemption OPEN WORLD
8: Mass Effect 2 OPEN WORLD
9: Batman Arkham City OPEN WORLD
10: Skyrim OPEN WORLD
11: Fallout 3 OPEN WORLD
12: The Last of Us LINEAR

9 of the 12 are open world adventures (I know AA and TR are a bit of a mixture).

The last of us. It's not very often I get so attached to characters in a game but this had me feeling all sorts of emotions and I really liked seeing how they went from hating each to needing each other.

not played The Last Of Us, but enjoyed FC3, so going with that

Ditto, Far Cry 3 for me because it was brilliant and the only one I've played!

This is a bit of a weakness with this poll, quite a few games are going out just because the alternative was more widely played so gets votes by default. Some Wii games (Xenoblade Chronicles springs to mind) have been criminally overlooked.

If there were more people voting then it'd almost be worth adding a rule that you can only vote if you have actually played both games but with only ~20 people voting I guess that isn't realistic.

Far Cry 3 is great, so much better than I expected, but The Last of Us is on another level to most games this generation.

Last edited:
Toughest call for me to date....

I love both of these games immensely and hate to vote against either of them.

My vote goes to The Last of Us, I can't recall a game ever putting a lump in my throat more times than TLOU did.

Back
Top Bottom