***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Associate
The paypal email I received did not look kosher.

Logging into my paypal (not via the email) shows no payment.

Again not sure, so I wont take the risk.

Of course always check your paypal account by manually going to paypals site, not clicking any links in emails. If there is no money in your paypal then its obviously a scam and yes then cancel it. But if a newly registered person buys something and the money is in your paypal, as long as you send it by a tracked and signed for service to the address on paypal then there is little to worry about. Ive been using paypal personally for years and also use it for thousands of pounds worth of transactions at work every day and have no issues. There customer service is excellent. We always use tracked and signed for service to the buyers address on paypal and if the buyer tries a chargeback, we just give them the proof of where we sent it and proof of delivery etc and they instantly side with us.

Soldato
Of course always check your paypal account by manually going to paypals site, not clicking any links in emails. If there is no money in your paypal then its obviously a scam and yes then cancel it. But if a newly registered person buys something and the money is in your paypal, as long as you send it by a tracked and signed for service to the address on paypal then there is little to worry about. Ive been using paypal personally for years and also use it for thousands of pounds worth of transactions at work every day and have no issues. There customer service is excellent. We always use tracked and signed for service to the buyers address on paypal and if the buyer tries a chargeback, we just give them the proof of where we sent it and proof of delivery etc and they instantly side with us.
Thanks for the words of assurance. Good to know.
Does this generally work with ebay because I always heard that paypal sides with buyers than sellers?

Associate
Thanks for the words of assurance. Good to know.
Does this generally work with ebay because I always heard that paypal sides with buyers than sellers?

Thats usually because items arent sent either by a tracked and signed for service or not sent to the address given on ebay at the time of sale. As long as its sent to the address given on ebay and sent by a tracked and signed for service then you are covered by ebay/paypal seller protection policy. Its a bit more difficult if someone claims the item is damaged though.

Soldato
Finally found somewhere with the Crawler Crane in stock at RRP and not silly money. Box was a bit bashed on arrival but I'm not really in it for the box/resale value :D

Soon to be 5 things in my build queue - can't wait to get started! :D

(Arcos Truck, Crawler Crane, Porsche, Bucket Wheel Excavator, TFA Millennium Falcon)

Man of Honour
Finally found somewhere with the Crawler Crane in stock at RRP and not silly money. Box was a bit bashed on arrival but I'm not really in it for the box/resale value :D

Soon to be 5 things in my build queue - can't wait to get started! :D

(Arcos Truck, Crawler Crane, Porsche, Bucket Wheel Excavator, TFA Millennium Falcon)

Sounds like someone needs the 8043 excavator to go with that lot.

Caporegime
Anyone know what 'in process' means on lego store? I'm getting impatient for my snowspeeder and it's moved from backorder to 'in process'

Its being delivered to work so would love it by weekend

Soldato
Apparently I can just reverse the stand so it will display better straight, I'll try that later.

Still waiting for my Snowspeeder but can't fault Lego's customer service, they have re-ordered it with next day delivery, sent out the bonus R2-D2 separately, added the R2-M2 bonus polybag to the the new Snowspeeder order and gave me 600 VIP points for the inconvenience.

Caporegime
Apparently I can just reverse the stand so it will display better straight, I'll try that later.

Still waiting for my Snowspeeder but can't fault Lego's customer service, they have re-ordered it with next day delivery, sent out the bonus R2-D2 separately, added the R2-M2 bonus polybag to the the new Snowspeeder order and gave me 600 VIP points for the inconvenience.
What happened?

Back
Top Bottom