1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rameses, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Psymonkee

Capodecina

:D

Sadly I fear you might be right! :(

Not 100% on the spelling either!

2. DampCat

Capodecina

I recently found a Complete C+H Collection in a lovely box and bought it for a ludicrous sum, but I love it. Also have a framed print on my bedroom wall that the Mrs was surprisingly fine with.

3. Psymonkee

Capodecina

Yeah I've got the hardback books on my Amazon wishlist but can't justify the purchase somehow. Under £100 but I keep buying LEGO! :D

4. DampCat

Capodecina

I just found an unopened Apollo Saturn I'd forgotten about that they sent for free because the one I ordered never showed up. Then after the replacement was delivered, I found the first one in the post room at work :/

5. Psymonkee

Capodecina

So you know what to do, right? Make a giant Saturn V with 3 middle sections! :D

6. it1uk

Gangster

Same, just not got the room to put it once built.

7. _Jimlad_

Capodecina

I have had fun locating teenage mutant ninja turtles sets on eBay !

My little boy is a big Lego fan and now in to the turtles!

8. vanpeebles

Soldato

Apologies if a noob question, but is there a site with DIY models and a build list of parts (with a place to buy)? I really really really want a SHADO Mobile. I've seen quite a few online, but no build list etc.

9. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista

https://rebrickable.com

10. wingman

Mobster

Quick sense check fellas.

I was on HUKD the other night and noticed a 40% discount code for the official LEGO UK store. Figuring this is too good an opportunity to pass up, I go through the checkout and pick up the £650 Millennium Falcon at £390.

Checkout goes through all hunky dory and then I get an e-mail to confirm that I'll be charged at full price, even though at checkout I was advised of the lesser value.

I ping an e-mail into customer services immediately to see what's happened and they've confirmed that it was a code I shouldn't have used (I think it's an employee discount that got leaked), and that my order would still go through at the full price, and it would have to be delivered still because "it's in the warehouse now and can't bring it back".

I don't want the Falcon at full price and they've advised ways to return it for free, but, the thing is huge, and this whole thing has been a massive faff. They've even advised in the e-mail that it shouldn't have gone through, and also acknowledged that the discount code was used, but not applied. Seems odd to me and a little bit shady.

As I've got the e-mail from them saying the code was used but not applied when being charged do I have any comeback for this? Perhaps push it further with their customer services department, or just suck it up and send it back? I'm not suggesting I should get the Falcon at the discounted rate, but certainly some incentive for this mess?

11. Psymonkee

Capodecina

Credit card? Chargeback and tell them LEGO did you over.

12. MikeTheNative

Sgarrista

Probably not, they realised their error before sending you the item and warned that full price will be charged. It's a bit stupid they are going to send it to you to send it back but your not going to loose anything.

13. 413x

Capodecina

Sending it back is probably only option.

14. MikeTheNative

Sgarrista

Do not do this unless you know your legally in the right.

15. b0rn2sk8

Mobster

Just refuse the delivery and have the courier return it?

Problem solved.

16. 413x

Capodecina

This is the best answer.
    Do not do the credit card charge back

17. wingman

Mobster

Thanks for the answers all.

I've already accepted delivery, didn't want to refuse the parcel and for it to potentially get lost in the ether somewhere, don't really fancy losing £650 this time of year (or any, for that matter! :D)

Will probably have to just send the bloody thing back.

They told me at the checkout the lower price was the actual price. It was only PayPal that advised that the full price was charged. LEGO did nothing to assist.

18. samurl

Gangster

Our internal staff discount was leaked online, it was immediately flagged Thursday night internally and changed.

Unfortunately I guess it's caused a few people a headache in terms of dealing with the cost or returning it.

19. Destination

Capodecina

Yes refuse the delivery.

20. mushtafa

Wise Guy

Anyone built the rough terrain crane 42082? Is it as good as it looks?

21. Diddums

Capodecina

Yes. It's an awesome set.