**** The Official OnePlus 3 Thread ****

Associate
Guys mine was dispatched today, how long can I expect it to take before it arrives? It's saying the 9th of July but surely that can't be right?

Soldato
Nice. How are you liking the phone?
I'm happy. I mentioned before that I never had a smartphone and therefore I'm not a huge phone user. Battery has lasted 4 days and I still have ~13%. Don't use it much, but I enjoy the occasional song in the car and I do check some WhatsApp/Snapchat etc. plus a few calls, messages etc.. Obviously I don't use it much but still very good. Haven't encountered any bugs and I think all aspects of the phone are quite good. I'd say it's worth the €400 you pay for it.

My OP3 has arrived but because I'm paranoid I won't use it until I've got some protection.

The pre-installed screen protector is frankly pointless since it leaves a lot of the screen actually uncovered!

This looks to cover the entire screen, so I'll be ordering one of those ASAP and also a case. Any suggestions?
There was a discussion about this on the previous pages. The problem is that the curved edges don't allow a full screen protector, and those full screen protectors produce a halo effect. I believe someone mentioned that there are some screen protectors which don't produce this effect but I'm not sure.

Guys mine was dispatched today, how long can I expect it to take before it arrives? It's saying the 9th of July but surely that can't be right?

~2 days iirc.

-----------------

Good news regarding the color correction! Now hopefully we get an official RAM fix.

Associate
Managed to nab myself a Oneplus $20 redemption voucher after all the drama. Automatic free shipping too without the $100 requirement.

Soldato
8zUao7r.jpg

The amp in this is pretty meaty, driving my Fidelio X1's quite well and sounds lush.

Not too happy with it's performance with in ears tho, sounds a bit harsh and clinical. Senn IE80.

Associate
Hopefully our phones won't have green/purple tinges to the screen like some people on the OP forums :(
I was scared of that too. With all the problems in getting the phone in the first place, one can only imagine how much of a headache it would be to send back a defective unit for a refund/replacement.

The screen on mine is great. I also think people made way too much fuss over the subpixel layout. I'd never have noticed unless, perhaps, using the VR unit.

The only [common] problem I have noticed is with the push-messaging system whilst the unit is in deep sleep: At times I get the alert when I wake the phone up. Not sure if this is a Marshmallow or One plus problem though.

Soldato
The only [common] problem I have noticed is with the push-messaging system whilst the unit is in deep sleep: At times I get the alert when I wake the phone up. Not sure if this is a Marshmallow or One plus problem though.

From what I gather that one is a Doze problem, compounded by OP's aggressive implementation for battery life. I can cope with issues like that though, they can be fixed in software updates :)

Permabanned
Battery life on this phone is crazy considering the battery size, my first day with it and I'm on 5h26m SoT with 20% battery left.

Will be interesting to see how it lasts during work days. :D

Associate
Does anyone here have experience of this and an HTC 10?

Looking to pick up a new phone this month and was set on an HTC 10 as I like Sense and hate Touchwiz. After seeing the spec and price OnePlus 3, I'm tempted.

Associate
Battery life on this phone is crazy considering the battery size, my first day with it and I'm on 5h26m SoT with 20% battery left.

Will be interesting to see how it lasts during work days. :D
Yeah, surprisingly the OP3 is lasting as long as my Lumia 640 with the same kind of daily usage. To be honest I believe this is down to how the OP3/Marshmallow minimises battery consumption when unused. 2-3% loss over night.

No one really mentions the LED notification options. There's 8 different colours: Pink, Purple, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Cyan, Blue. Obviously helpful for app-alert customisation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom