**** The Official OnePlus 5 Thread ****

Soldato
I can get the Samsung S8 for £525 or the Oneplus 5 for £390 (that's imported from China so probably a rubbish store warranty or none)

To be honest I don't really think I want another Samsung phone I've got this S6 here and I really have hated it, it's never had an update pushed to it so it's still on Android 5.1.1 (I should really of rooted and just put a custom ROM on this)

The upside with buying the S8 is the camera that looks really good. £380 is a lot cheaper than £525 too and I do fancy running something closer to stock Android as Touchwiz drives me mad.

-- Edit ---

Awrite lads, just ordered myself the Oneplus 5.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah the S8 is such nice hardware but the software lets it down badly. Everything feels really laggy and the Bixby button is annoying!

Would rather pay a bit more and not risk the China import model tbh.

Permabanned
Yeah the S8 is such nice hardware but the software lets it down badly. Everything feels really laggy and the Bixby button is annoying!

Would rather pay a bit more and not risk the China import model tbh.

I agree, the Bixby button is annoying, you can disable that.

I've just came from a OnePlus 3 to a Galaxy S8+ and it feels just as smooth for me for general usage, not once have I seen any signs of lag.

Users seem to focus too much on the speedtests online, unless you regularly run 15 apps/games at a time and cycle through them constantly there really isn't any noticeable difference in responsiveness or loading times.

They're interesting tests but they don't represent real world usage at all.

-- Edit ---

Awrite lads, just ordered myself the Oneplus 5.

Good luck, hopefully you won't have an issues with it.

Permabanned
Yeah I'm hoping I don't have the Jelly Effect or it doesn't bother me. What other issues have people had here?

Plenty posted on their forum from connectivity issues, random reboots and battery drain issues, but generally speaking the minority having issues speak the loudest so hopefully none of them will effect you.

Soldato
I agree, the Bixby button is annoying, you can disable that.

I've just came from a OnePlus 3 to a Galaxy S8+ and it feels just as smooth for me for general usage, not once have I seen any signs of lag.

Users seem to focus too much on the speedtests online, unless you regularly run 15 apps/games at a time and cycle through them constantly there really isn't any noticeable difference in responsiveness or loading times.

They're interesting tests but they don't represent real world usage at all.

Good luck, hopefully you won't have an issues with it.

I've seen you post this twice & blaming it on speedtests from reviews.

It isn't just from speedtest reviews, Samsung software is janky. Some people notice it more than others. I certainly do notice it.

Their hardware is delightful, Their software on the other hand.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I've seen you post this twice & blaming it on speedtests from reviews.

It isn't just from speedtest reviews, Samsung software is janky. Some people notice it more than others. I certainly do notice it.

Their hardware is delightful, Their software on the other hand.

Seems fine to me, I've just come from the previous fastest Android device (OnePlus 3) on the market and I own a Pixel C so I'm pretty fussy about performance actually.

Soldato
I've started having issues with Bluetooth on mine just over the last 4 or 5 days. Can't quite remember if it was there before or after the latest update to 4.5.5

Basically bluetooth will randomly decide to switch itself off. I always have it on for my Gear S2, bluetooth headset and when in the car, so just leave it on. But was listening to music over weekend and it went again. Simply heard the disconnect tone on the headset and checking the phone it was disabled.

Soldato
Keeper for me for sure.

phone does nearly 2 days on medium use of calls/emails facebook, few games etc - dash charge in an hour - perfect

Back
Top Bottom