**** The Official OnePlus 5 Thread ****

Soldato
The brightness is good on the 5/5t but the way they've calibrated the slider is just silly. The first few millimeters on the slider is far too sensitive from dim to bright in the first ten percent. A bit of common sense would have been nice from oneplus.

Overall the phone is great, fast, clean software, great battery life, fast charging, clean design, decent updates, good headphone output, not unnecessarily heavy etc. The oreo update has made my 5 even better than it was on Nougat.

Permabanned
Always use Paypal where possible, so many sites are getting hacked these days, not the just the retailers either, the payment providers also get hacked so having the transaction completely off site is not the solution either.

Soldato
The brightness is good on the 5/5t but the way they've calibrated the slider is just silly. The first few millimeters on the slider is far too sensitive from dim to bright in the first ten percent. A bit of common sense would have been nice from oneplus.

Overall the phone is great, fast, clean software, great battery life, fast charging, clean design, decent updates, good headphone output, not unnecessarily heavy etc. The oreo update has made my 5 even better than it was on Nougat.

Yeah the brightness issue is on the OnePlus 3 as well.

I've got used to it now but it's still annoying.

Associate
Android 8.0 Oreo / OxygenOS 5.0.2 (official stable release) is now finally being rolled out for the 5T, it's currently being rolled out in stages and I wasn't initially available to upgrade this morning but I was then able to via Canadian VPN, so far so good over here.

Liam.

Soldato
Face unlock update is now available for the OP5. Downloading now via VPN.

nice - thanks - "will take a look".....see what I did there......:D:D

edit - downloaded and working well! Another good reason not to spend £1k on iphone for face recognition.....

Last edited:
Soldato
Have to say i love the face unlock, double tap the screen and its unlocked before you know it. Received my one+ tempered glass screen protector, i had originally picked up a pair from amazon that had good reviews and made by auckly as o2 had sold out of the one+ ones when i got the phone. i was very underwhelmed with them, adhesive only on the boarded... WTF! and they felt like plastic even though they broke like glass when i bent them. the one plus one feel so much nicer, fits nice and looks a little clearer too. well worth the extra £10.

Back
Top Bottom