**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
If I go for S10+, I'll just get a grey market Snapdragon one which would make it cheaper than the OP7P, even with 5% student discount. Not bothered about the warranty issues as I have phone insurance through my bank account.

You get 2 years UK Samsung warranty if you buy the wow camera apparently.

Soldato
You get 2 years UK Samsung warranty if you buy the wow camera apparently.

Yup they have the Exynos version and apparently they sell European stock so warranty should be kosher. Their price just went up though but I'm in no rush and still want to see how people get on with this.

Soldato
I have an strange bug, during a call whilst using earphones if I mute myself, then wait for the phone screen to turn off, then wake up the phone and press the mic icon to unmute myself I still remain muted. Anybody encoured such a bug and or know a fix?

Associate
We are being lazy, if OCUK offered direct file/photo uploads it would spur us on to upload.

The blue is nice but lighter than I like. So if I’m going to keep this in favour of the S10 plus ceramic then I’ll swap for the grey version.

Soldato
We are being lazy, if OCUK offered direct file/photo uploads it would spur us on to upload.

The blue is nice but lighter than I like. So if I’m going to keep this in favour of the S10 plus ceramic then I’ll swap for the grey version.

swap?!? why not just a case on it?

Soldato
I'll get my OP7 today so i'm going to have a good play with the camera and see whats what.

From every sample i've seen comparing the S10 to the OP7, they are pretty close TBH. The S10 is slightly better but to be honest after owning many samsung products over the years i'd rather avoid them. Buggy, lack of updates and general slowness.

Soldato
I was interested in the 7 Pro, but:
  • Too large
  • Curved display
  • Still a subpar camera - would rather them focus on nailing the main camera before adding others

Is that personal opinion based on using it? - or is that based on videos/comments online?

Can you upload some pictures please to show the sub par camera - what don't you like about it from using it?

Soldato
Is that personal opinion based on using it? - or is that based on videos/comments online?

Can you upload some pictures please to show the sub par camera - what don't you like about it from using it?

I generally don't listen to reviews - I make my own opinion based on on comparisons with photos from other devices. GSMArena is a good site for this.

The main concerns I have with the camera are:
  • Dynamic range - it doesn't appear as good as my iPhone XS, which is quite a bit behind the Pixel 2 XL I had prior.
  • White balance - seems off compared to my personal preference.
  • Exposure - has a tendency to overexpose rather than under. Results in a brighter image overall, but doesn't look as natural in my opinion.
Daytime shots are, on the whole, great, but I still prefer shots out of my iPhone and, before, my Pixel. Photos taken on it don't look as natural to me, from the limited number of samples I've seen.

Reliability was my main point with the Pixel - I could ALWAYS get a great photo, but that doesn't look like it's the case with the OP7 Pro. It's not bad - I never said it was, but it is sub par, especially considering the cost of the device.

But as always, this is personal preference.

Here's an example:

OP7: https://cdn.gsmarena.com/imgroot/reviews/19/oneplus-7-pro/camera/gsmarena_085.jpg
Pixel 3: https://cdn.gsmarena.com/imgroot/reviews/19/oneplus-7-pro/camera/gsmarena_089.jpg

Areas I would like to point out:
  • Warmer overall tone on the Pixel 3 - I prefer this look
  • Light reflections on the Pixel 3 are captured a lot better - almost non existent on OP7. Again, a preference.
  • Image overall looks more natural from the Pixel

Last edited:
Soldato
We know the camera isn't as good as the s10, certainly not as good as the pixel but :

That isn't the reason we bought it!!

We bought it because of the OS, screen, size and speed.

The camera is good enough for us.

Ok!?!

Back
Top Bottom