The Official Pizza Discussion thread (was: Cooking Neapolitan Pizzas with the Uuni 3)

Soldato
OP
upThyDy.jpg

ENTER THE DRAGON.

I've been thinking for a bit about how I can combine Asian food and Pizza. So tonight this came together and wow what a banger this one is.

- Chicken Teriyaki (Homemade Teriyaki Sauce, Honey, Sesame Oil, Soy Sauce, Garlic, Ginger)

- Teriyaki Sauce used for the base rather than a Tomato based sauce.

- Chopped Pak Choi with Corriander, corn, and Brocolli

- Homemade Chinese Chili Oil (Garlic, Ginger, Spice, Chilli etc)

The only difficulty was choosing which cheese. There was a lot of powerful flavors in this so the cheese could get lost quite easily. I opted for some all round Parmigiano Reggiano.

It had kick, it had punch and boy did this taste GOOD

Soldato
ENTER THE DRAGON.

I've been thinking for a bit about how I can combine Asian food and Pizza. So tonight this came together and wow what a banger this one is.

- Chicken Teriyaki (Homemade Teriyaki Sauce, Honey, Sesame Oil, Soy Sauce, Garlic, Ginger)

- Teriyaki Sauce used for the base rather than a Tomato based sauce.

- Chopped Pak Choi with Corriander, corn, and Brocolli

- Homemade Chinese Chili Oil (Garlic, Ginger, Spice, Chilli etc)

The only difficulty was choosing which cheese. There was a lot of powerful flavors in this so the cheese could get lost quite easily. I opted for some all round Parmigiano Reggiano.

It had kick, it had punch and boy did this taste GOOD

Nice, in thinking hoisin duck would be nice. Or char sui pork.

Soldato
Been looking at getting an Uuni after seeing the great results on here but wondering if its worth spending the extra on the Pro or just go with the 3? Price seems to be £200 v £500 so it is worth the extra £300? Im slightly reluctant to spend £500 on a pizza oven with the UK weather, especially up here in the North although I am quite happy bbqing in the rain!

Caporegime
Been looking at getting an Uuni after seeing the great results on here but wondering if its worth spending the extra on the Pro or just go with the 3? Price seems to be £200 v £500 so it is worth the extra £300? Im slightly reluctant to spend £500 on a pizza oven with the UK weather, especially up here in the North although I am quite happy bbqing in the rain!

i think the pro is better if you are planning on doing - larger pizzas or things other than pizza in it.

i can fit 2 sizzlers in the ooni 3 and move them about. with a pro i could probably fit in 4 i imagine.

it's also restricted by height i believe the pro is taller inside the oven somewhat so you could put large pieces of meat in there. but i'd be worried about the juices spurting onto the stone then going into pizzas, etc.

the pizza stone absorbs anything that touches it so as you likely know should never be cleaned with anything other than a brush. as soap / chemicals will go into the stone then your pizza.

so i'd be wary of cooking any meat which will spurt everywhere.

Soldato

The Uuni 3 is perfectly functional in light rain!

I'm not sure why you'd opt for a larger oven, the 3 is perfectly sized for individual pizzas. Sure, if you want to sear a massive joint of meat then you're limited, but if it's just pizza then the 3 is really great.

Caporegime
The Uuni 3 is perfectly functional in light rain!

I'm not sure why you'd opt for a larger oven, the 3 is perfectly sized for individual pizzas. Sure, if you want to sear a massive joint of meat then you're limited, but if it's just pizza then the 3 is really great.

I'm in Scotland and I only use mine during April - August

Would the rain not damage it over time?

Soldato
@Psycho Sonny - it’s 100% stainless steel so you’ll be fine. I’d not want to leave it out all year round, but some light drizzle won’t do it any harm. At worst you might get some discolouration I guess, but nothing that couldn’t be cleaned/buffed off. I put mine in the shed between uses.

Caporegime
@Psycho Sonny - it’s 100% stainless steel so you’ll be fine. I’d not want to leave it out all year round, but some light drizzle won’t do it any harm. At worst you might get some discolouration I guess, but nothing that couldn’t be cleaned/buffed off. I put mine in the shed between uses.

stainless steel isn't rust proof fyi. if it gets damaged it can become prone to rust

Soldato
If you're ever in Manchester (or Liverpool) then try Rudy's for proper Neopolitan pizzas. Italians at work swear by it.
The thing is i have yet to see anyone over here make pizzas exactly like they do over in Italy. Everyone here uses sauces, everywhere i went in Italy was just tomatoes nothing added, often just a spoon full straight from the can.

Soldato
The thing is i have yet to see anyone over here make pizzas exactly like they do over in Italy. Everyone here uses sauces, everywhere i went in Italy was just tomatoes nothing added, often just a spoon full straight from the can.
apart from economic availibility of good tomatoes , temperature maybe the thing, in a restaurant/brick pizza oven sustained high temp of stone+dome, probably enable higher moisture content tomatoes to be added.
.. the trip advisor pucs of Rudi's look good though ... not sure if you get to see the drama of the oven from your table

Back
Top Bottom