*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
Having watched it, I don't much agree with the games being worse than the Xbox, just not a huge number of exclusives or games that really wow me from either company. We'll see, consoles get much more interesting after a couple years when the dev cycle for games has more experience with the platform and just start making better use of the power.

Did laugh at the frequent knocks at Xbox strategy as they announced stuff. I really doubt either console will do badly, though I can see Sony starting off quicker and generally outselling the xbox most of the time aside from months with huge Xbox exclusives, new Halo's and the like.

At those prices also seems like the consoles will be profitable from the get go, still rubbish pricing for what is a £100 soc + £30 drive, £30 controller and motherboard.

Soldato
Did they not announce release date? Was if just the price? Not seen any pics of the thing either yet ( EDIT: ignore me I found pics it's a very nice consol!

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone watched "Francis is MAD; Sony Won The Console Wars" youtube clip ? lol its really quite funny. I would post it on here but he swears a bit in it so I thought best not put it up on this forum.

Soldato
Only negative thing I can thing among all the good is the lack of the camera. Sure we can buy it separately but as the past has dictated unless a large percentage of consumers have it devs won't take full advantage of it.

Soldato
Sony are going to still be offering free games with plus, Microsoft are only doing for a limited time. I can't see the fans being too annoyed.

Size comparison.

compare33u9m.png

Also the controller looks like it should be a lot more comfortable.

dualshock_comparison8iubn.png

Last edited:
Soldato
So unsurprisingly Psycho Sonny was wrong about the price, after months of saying above £450.00, anyway before work I thought I would just remind him that he was wrong :)

Strange as he is so "In the know".......

Pre ordered this bad boy for £268.00 :) for release day delivery!

Caporegime
I fell asleep at 1.40am. Just had a quick glance on Eurogamer at the pics. First impressions - £349. £50 cheaper than I was expecting and I really like the design. I'm now backtracking on my wait six months opinion. I WANT IT.

Soldato
lets hope both devices are more reliable ...

both my 360 and my PS3 failed - thankfully 360 in warranty and replacement still going

PS3 was out of warranty and had to buy a new one - old fatty is sat in a cupboard now useless

Soldato
Anyway with regards to the conference... I thought it was a little underwhelming. Far too much talk about what was coming out in 2014 :( .

As a Sony fan I feel a little disappointed. I found the XBOX One event a lot more impressive.

Back
Top Bottom