*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
I can't work out why they haven't included the camera, was it that expensive? I wonder how many devs will bother to use it now.

Rumour has it that doubling up to 8GB of GDDR5 is part of what nixed it from every box.

Unless they're waiting... their cloud system is not coming online until 2014. So everybody goes out and buys a PS4 and WHAM! They smack us down with game DRM next year.

Not going to happen.

Soldato
£75 cheaper than the X1,no used game DRM,doesn't require internet every 24 hours to work.
I think we have a winner!
I'm not bothered about paying for online as I was expecting that anyway. Plus it means Sony will be able to keep improving PSN. And at least you get free games with PSN+.

Soldato
Well paying for online, should have guessed that one but its linked to PS+ and going on the great deals PS+ we’ve seen recently and the games you do get on the service it will and from the looks not bother that many.

Not including the camera, hmm not sure if that’s a good idea or not. Its reduced the cost but will devs just simply forget about it?

Now, the console is much better looking then the xbox one, but its still not the best looking system to have under your TV, but its not anywhere near as ugly as the xbox one.

All in all, not too bad, and I’ll pre order the PS4 now.

Soldato
I think both the consoles look fine - monolithic for the PS4 and retro for the xbox.

That said - as it stands sony have my money - they hooked me over the last year with PS+ , the greatest thing to happen to gaming in a long while.

Caporegime
Have they said that you will get PS4 games for free with PS+?

Why is everyone taking it so easily? Unless you keep your ps3 you won't be able to play those games on your ps4.

Associate
Why is everyone taking it so easily? Unless you keep your ps3 you won't be able to play those games on your ps4.
I think it's because everyone expected Sony to announce DRM & always on & when they didn't everyone breathed a sigh of relief, this seems like such an insignificant issue most people have let it slide plus if you get all the perks that a PS+ account gives on the new system it's actually quite good value.

Soldato
I think it's because everyone expected Sony to announce DRM & always on & when they didn't everyone breathed a sigh of relief, this seems like such an insignificant issue most people have let it slide plus if you get all the perks that a PS+ account gives on the new system it's actually quite good value.

+1 agreed. Sony won a lot of people over with DRM and always on, the PS+ requirement is nothing much to worry about considering also you get addtilonal content on the service.

Just put my pre order in. I was pleased with its price, that is very affordable.

Caporegime
Disappointed with paying for online although been on PS+ since beginning really so not too bothered, at least you can use Netflix etc without it

Back
Top Bottom