*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
It is a shame. I would definitely get a PS4 if it was backwards compatible....It would open up a whole generation of games that I missed out on, but would like to play....and I would still be able to play the new ones as well. It would be an instant purchase without even thinking about it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It is a shame. I would definitely get a PS4 if it was backwards compatible....It would open up a whole generation of games that I missed out on, but would like to play....and I would still be able to play the new ones as well. It would be an instant purchase without even thinking about it.

That's why they paid millions to acquire Gaikai. The ability to stream older PlayStation games, amongst other things.

Soldato
Is it confirmed that there will be two models? I thought that info was debunked.

I didnt know there was apparently only one "package" you could get. I still think they'll have a normal pack and an edition pack with an extra controller or bigger hdd.

Either way i'll get the best i can get at the time of launch. The way i look at it, compared to pc gaming its an investment. The console you buy should hopefully have a lifespan of atleast 5-6 years.

Soldato
OP

I really don't think the backwards compatibility was part of their plan at the start.

PS3 used a Cell and the PS4 is x64 PC CPU. It would require including the PS3 hardware. Just like the original PS3 when it had the PS2 hardware.

I'd rather then concentrate on reducing the cost as much as possible, rather than adding PS3 compatibility.

Soldato
I really don't think the backwards compatibility was part of their plan at the start.

PS3 used a Cell and the PS4 is x64 PC CPU. It would require including the PS3 hardware. Just like the original PS3 when it had the PS2 hardware.

I'd rather then concentrate on reducing the cost as much as possible, rather than adding PS3 compatibility.

That's fine, I understand that, backwards compatibility probably doesn't matter to most, but as someone who has never even played a PS3, and has missed out on some very interesting games, it would be epic!... from my perspective it is a real shame, as a PS4 would look very attractive with it. As it stands, I shall probably just end up picking up a cheap, old PS3 at some point!... Lots of games I have never played that I like the look of.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had never heard of this Gaikai tbh. After reading up a bit on it, it will be interesting to see how it is implemented. It could well be what tips the balance in Sonys favour.(well, it's already in their favour really, but you know what I mean)

Soldato
so, over the next few days we might get to actually see what the PS4 looks like? Would be nice to see the machine, and also more details on up and coming games for it?

Soldato
I am thinking black......with a disc slot/tray/opening....probably some LEDs.....and some ports......

Seriously, though - c'mon and show us already Sony!

I'm just amazed there hasn't been a single leaked image, not one. No camera phone shots, nothing..

It'll be black no doubt, but other then this. I'm not sure. I'm looking forward to seeing it though.

Back
Top Bottom