Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 27 11.6%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 146 62.7%
  • No (other)

Votes: 48 20.6%
  • Pancake

Votes: 12 5.2%

• Total voters
I was thinking $1230 just cos the number of units is a weird number 12,300

But that sounds stupid. Is there some other significance to 12,300 in playstation history or something like that?

rp2000
Just Watched the announcement video

Apparently 12300 is the release date of the original PS1 in Japan 30th December 12/30 ? Bit odd choosing that arbitrary number IMO?

Last edited:
Just Watched the announcement video

Apparently 12300 is the release date of the original PS1 in Japan 30th December 12/30 ? Bit odd choosing that arbitrary number IMO?
I did actually divide 12300 by 365 but as the number was 33.something I dismissed it being the number of years playstation has existed.

rp2000

Last edited:
Presumably if you bought a 30th anniversary PS5 and wanted a disc drive, you'd have pretty odd looking white and grey Frankenstein's monster of a thing!?

Jesus, they're definitely trying to force people to go digital.

Presumably if you bought a 30th anniversary PS5 and wanted a disc drive, you'd have pretty odd looking white and grey Frankenstein's monster of a thing!?
It’s ok. They give you a colour coded disc drive cover with the console (not even joking unfortunately !) even though you have to buy the disc drive separately!

Last edited:

Jesus, they're definitely trying to force people to go digital.
Comes with a grey drive plate.

Edit - beat

Last edited:
sony said:
*Regions where direct.playstation.com is available: U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Austria.

Didn't even realise that Spain has this. Not sure I can be bothered to compete with scalpers on the 26th, but sounds like it will be the only option. Have logged in and added a debit card and delivery address just in case though :D

rp2000

Given it’s a ps5 pro console (£700) and a dual sense edge controller (£200) bundle being advertised I’m guessing this is going to cost at least £900 and maybe nearer £1000? :eek:

Doesn’t sound like they’ll be selling non-bundled versions of the consoles judging by the blog ? At least he controller is available to buy on its own.

PlayStation 5 Pro Console – 30th Anniversary Limited Edition BundIe
  • Includes the limited edition PS5 Pro console with 2TB SSD, Wi-Fi 7 in territories supporting this standard, and matching limited edition accessories – DualSense wireless controller, DualSense Edge wireless controller, DualSense Charging Station, and a Console Cover for a Disc Drive (Disc Drive sold separately).
  • It also includes a Vertical Stand and special collector’s Items:

Last edited:
Given it’s a ps5 pro console (£700) and a dual sense edge controller (£200) bundle being advertised I’m guessing this is going to cost at least £900 and maybe nearer £1000? :eek:

Doesn’t sound like they’ll be selling non-bundled versions of the console?

PlayStation 5 Pro Console – 30th Anniversary Limited Edition BundIe
  • Includes the limited edition PS5 Pro console with 2TB SSD, Wi-Fi 7 in territories supporting this standard, and matching limited edition accessories – DualSense wireless controller, DualSense Edge wireless controller, DualSense Charging Station, and a Console Cover for a Disc Drive (Disc Drive sold separately).
  • It also includes a Vertical Stand and special collector’s Items:
I reckon it'll be 999 - and we'll see it being listed on the bay for 2 grand minutes later.

PS5 Pro £700
Dual Sense £60
Dual sense edge £200
Stand £25
Charging Station £25

Over £1000 GBP just retail. That's not including the unique items (the charging cable, cable ties, poster, paperclip, sticker).

Add that all the items have a unique design, I know the spider-man 2 PS5 was about a £100 premium, for example.

Im sticking with my £1299 guess.

rp2000

That sounds quite likely unfortunately!
Actually, when you read what's included I can see it being around 1100-1300.

PS5 Pro is 700 quid, the Dualsense Edge is 210, charging station is 25 quid and the same for the stand - they're definitely going to be putting this at a serious price premium.

People wonder why Sony does not use the classic colour scheme more. This is why.

I wonder if the consoles and such are going to be serialised like the PS4 anniversary editions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom