• Digital Only Version

Votes: 173 16.3%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 661 62.2%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
That is so annoying that they said the new R&C game is linked to one of the older ones, Nexus or something. Now it means I won’t feel 100% happy playing the new one unless I’ve played the old one. Will have to see if it’s PS2/3 and then find a way to get a copy.

Man of Honour
Anyone else annoyed with no official price announcement? Sony are keeping the prices of their next generation consoles so secret that you will buy one and still won’t know how much it set you back. You will have to check your bank statement to find out. They’ll make you enter your pin blindfolded when you pay for it and the receipt will be redacted.

Sony have a history of announcing their price after the competition, but this time their opponents are trying the same tactic.

I guess we will see who is the most stubborn, but if MS cracks first I think they will offer a surprisingly low price.

Soldato
Anyone else annoyed with no official price announcement? Sony are keeping the prices of their next generation consoles so secret that you will buy one and still won’t know how much it set you back. You will have to check your bank statement to find out. They’ll make you enter your pin blindfolded when you pay for it and the receipt will be redacted.

They could quite literally sell the PS5 in that manner - you walk up to the till, swipe your card and you don't know how much you've spent until you look at your statement and still every single launch console will sell.
There is also a "price window" where you can expect the price to be - very few people are definitely going to buy at launch at one side of that window and definitely not buy at the other.
And....for every person who decides the expensive end of that range is too much, there will be someone else to take their place and buy it.

To the consumer it maybe annoying having no price, but really it isn't effecting sales and to most people it doesn't matter the cost - it's just "any news" they want, rather than price specifically.

Caporegime
So latest evidence is pointing to PS5 launch only for North America in November 2020. Rest of the World comes later on, mid-December maybe.

If you take a gander at the latest COD info

†Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is scheduled for release globally November 13th for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on Battle.net. The PlayStation 5 version of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is scheduled for release Holiday 2020 in the U.S. and Canada, and in late 2020 for the rest of the world. The title is also scheduled for release later this year on the Xbox Series X.

Anybody else reaching the same conclusion as I am?

Man of Honour
So latest evidence is pointing to PS5 launch only for North America in November 2020. Rest of the World comes later on, mid-December maybe.

To most of the world “Holiday 2020” doesn’t mean anything, so it could just be because of idiotic American terminology.

Last edited:
Soldato
Article on press start claims if anything maybe November 13 to launch with COD.

It will be in November world wide imo, countries may get different dates but I'd be surprised if there not all in November at some stage

Soldato

Certainly reads like that. I'd be surprised tbh, global launches are pretty much default nowadays BUT maybe they're being extra cautious with shipping delays etc. because covid. It could also just be that they're not allowed to say anything for either PS5/XSX so they're being purposefully vague.

Soldato

No - not at all.
I fully expect a same day, world wide release.
I'm not going to take a single game release based on a "Holiday 2020" date which means nothing to anyone outside the US as indication that isn't going to happen.

Soldato
Seems 30/60 fps is indeed happening on R&C. choice is a wonderful thing.
From a translated famitsu interview.
Yeah I'm fully expecting graphics options in a lot of games - 4k 30fps/1440p/60fps etc.

Still hoping the PS5 will properly support ultra wide and 1440p resolutions, if not I'll be buying a 4k HDR monitor to replace my 23" 1080p 2nd monitor.

Soldato
https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1299352326021345280?s=19

Fantastic news.

Yeah I'm fully expecting graphics options in a lot of games - 4k 30fps/1440p/60fps etc.

Still hoping the PS5 will properly support ultra wide and 1440p resolutions, if not I'll be buying a 4k HDR monitor to replace my 23" 1080p 2nd monitor.

I don't want to be a debbie downer but I have a TV that supports HDR10, and a monitor that does the low end one HDR400 I think, honestly it's not worth bothering with unless it's the full fat 10.
TV's are so far ahead in terms of image quality over monitors it's not even close.
My console is purely for my TV, my PC would be IF it was practical for me to have both in the same place but it's not.

Last edited:
Soldato
TV's are so far ahead in terms of image quality over monitors it's not even close.
My console is purely for my TV, my PC would be IF it was practical for me to have both in the same place but it's not.
i’ve been looking around for PS5 screen and PC monitor options and currently only LG have it covered with their OLED and Nano TV’s. Offering HDMI 2.1, VRR, 120hz and G-sync. The only problem is the smallest screen size is 48”, which is too big for bedroom desk usage :( I’m hoping they/others bring out some smaller options before the end of the year.

Man of Honour
i’ve been looking around for PS5 screen and PC monitor options and currently only LG have it covered with their OLED and Nano TV’s. Offering HDMI 2.1, VRR, 120hz and G-sync. The only problem is the smallest screen size is 48”, which is too big for bedroom desk usage :( I’m hoping they/others bring out some smaller options before the end of the year.
There are many TVs that support 1440p120 via hdmi 2.0a which is likely the maximum resolution you’ll get at 120fps.

Soldato
There are many TVs that support 1440p120 via hdmi 2.0a which is likely the maximum resolution you’ll get at 120fps.
That's fine until NVIDIA release GPU's that support a HDMI 1.2 connection......but what about the PS5 which could have games at 4k@120.
The LG OLED's are some of the few TV's which currently support 4k @ 120. I'm surprised more manufacturers haven't released sensible sized TV's supporting next gen consoles. Even Sony haven't got a TV doing 4k@120, outside of their 8k model.

Back
Top Bottom