• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Caporegime
I think if you relied on this site for game/shopto forget it, the queues are so big even after a couple of minutes following hotstock alert by the time you in is no stock or bundle's only.
Amazon maybe, but is a lot of reports of it breaking down with empty carts etc.
Very seems the best out of everyone and I think with these you could queue late and still have a chance, but they seem to go the bundle route as well for some of their stock allotment albeit not as bad as game/shopto.

Currys system is a great idea although I didnt get a code when I registered so I guess its a lottery draw rather than a queue.

I still think only opening up orders in restricted windows is silly, and hopefully with the improved stock levels the retailers stop doing that next year.

My friend, who doesn't go to any forums, less of a geek than me, managed to get a PS5 last weekend from Very. It can't be that difficult now. I mean using this thread when someone mentioned Amazon I managed to add one to cart, go all the way to the last step in the checkout without it crashing one me like it used to. I think the demands has dropped judging from the site not dying anymore.

Associate
I lost a couple of saves, I got rid of my PS4 pro before the ps5 arrived. The auto upload to the cloud on the PS4Pro/PsPlus didn’t work even though I asked it to do it automatically.

Soldato
My friend, who doesn't go to any forums, less of a geek than me, managed to get a PS5 last weekend from Very. It can't be that difficult now. I mean using this thread when someone mentioned Amazon I managed to add one to cart, go all the way to the last step in the checkout without it crashing one me like it used to. I think the demands has dropped judging from the site not dying anymore.

True I am talking about back when I got my PS5, I havent tried it since. Things have got easier since.

Soldato
I lost a couple of saves, I got rid of my PS4 pro before the ps5 arrived. The auto upload to the cloud on the PS4Pro/PsPlus didn’t work even though I asked it to do it automatically.

I moved mine via usb stick, later I did check my cloud saves out of curiosity and noticed they were not up to date and like you it was enabled for auto sync. Not good sign moving forward given on ps5 saves usb is now not an option.

Soldato
Guess I was lucky with my PS5, seems quiet. Louder than the Series X though and massive :)

Same with mine (digital model) I got through the MM. Effectively silent in normal operation but side by side it is louder than the X (although you need to be pretty close to hear either in a normal gaming environment). I was genuinely surprised by how big it is though (something something, that’s what she said) and I really want to switch out the side plates for black ones.

All of that said really enjoying SOTR and Astro boy atm. Got GoW and uncharted on the lost next. :)

Soldato
Really enjoyed GoW and Horizon, GoW looks and plays great with its 60fps update and I wanted to wait for Horizon to get the same treatment but got bored waiting.

Same with mine (digital model) I got through the MM. Effectively silent in normal operation but side by side it is louder than the X (although you need to be pretty close to hear either in a normal gaming environment). I was genuinely surprised by how big it is though (something something, that’s what she said) and I really want to switch out the side plates for black ones.

All of that said really enjoying SOTR and Astro boy atm. Got GoW and uncharted on the lost next. :)

Soldato
I finally managed to grab a ps5 from the BT shop. I signed up and they sent me a code.

The only annoying bit so far is transfering data from my ps4 pro. I could do it via wifi but I'm thinking thats going to take a while so I ordered a new ethernet cable.

The menus are going to take some getting used to. They are different but familiar.

Associate
I have a Curry's vip code too valid until Aug 17th. Seems to require a store collection and only has bundles but they are quite reasonable. If anyone wants one let me know in the next day or so otherwise I'll donate it to one of the ps5 stock twitter feeds

Still available if anyone wants the code. I'll donate it to twitter in a few hours if no one wants it here

Soldato
Is there a way to update the NVME's firmware before installing it into the PS5 by using an enclosure for example - assume it won't be possible via PS5 interface. I would want to make sure it has the latest but would be a headache installing it into my PC and lots of others wouldn't have that option...

You'd need to check with the manufacturer. I've had two NVMe SSDs and never needed firmware updates for either of them so it's probably not something you need to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom