• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
game have sent me a £30 and a £40 voucher so its pretty much certain i wont see my ps5 til Saturday,

just checked the vouchers and its off launch games... not the 1s you would want and 1 was even control on ps4, its about 2 years old ffs!

Not necessarily - I got the same email the other day and I'm collecting my console in a few hours.

But yeah, I was hoping for some decent games. Probably gonna pick up Cyberpunk and DIRT 5 to scratch the racing itch until GT comes out.

Soldato
Its funny the amount of folk on here with 3 or 4 on order. Will any admit to simply pre ordering to make a few quid?

I've got one for me, one for my brother and one that was a backup in case the other two fell through. Unless any of my friends express an interest in it I probably will end up flogging it towards the cost of the one of I keep.

Soldato
So I'm looking at changing my headset. My 6 yr old version 1 Astro A50s has a broken mic and I don't think compatible with the new console.
I've looked at the Arctis 9 and wireless pro - variable user reviews.
Any recommendations?

V F

V F

Soldato
I still cannot get over how big it is. Saw a woman unbox it on her twitch stream. It's like the old VHS player days.

Soldato
im still sweating!

Doh! I can only imagine the nightmare that will be the Amazon warehouses today, but the silver lining being I've had Amazon despatch notices come through late at night before and what I ordered still arrived. Did you get an e-mail about "release date delivery" from Amazon a couple of days ago?

Keep sweating there, they are a tad late to catch tomorrow's post... But being DPD should be ok ;)

It's Amazon logistics :) the man-in-a-van courier. To be fair to them though, they've been good of late and Amazon do tracking now with a reasonable time-frame window on the day and always deliver time. Famous last words possibly :o Will see how tomorrow fares!

Hope everyone gets their consoles in a timely manner, sucks to hear that Yodel are having issues.

Soldato
OK, Pulse 3D headset order cancelled with Currys, talking to chat I don't think they had stock for the orders placed on the 11th.

I'm going to use my DT990 Pro's via the 3.5mm out on my monitor (which should work and drives the headphones fine), and test my Fiio K3 via USB on the PS5, then look at another set of wireless headphones/headset later on - the Corsair Virtuoso SE is winning at the moment.

So I'm looking at changing my headset. My 6 yr old version 1 Astro A50s has a broken mic and I don't think compatible with the new console.
I've looked at the Arctis 9 and wireless pro - variable user reviews.
Any recommendations?

Good timing - see above. Corsair Virtuoso (SE), Arctis 9 also a possibility for me, I'd prefer the Wireless pro but they're a bit too spendy at £270ish!

Soldato
most who scalp don't really care what people think - they just think about the few hundred quid extra they are raking in.

I have 2 on order (my girlfriend also ordered me one too) as I wanted to be certain I'd get one as early as possible launch day that I will be listing at scalper pricing but I don't ask for the actual scalper price when they collect it, I just want to know they are going to people who actually want them and not to someone who is grabbing a bargain and selling it on again.

I know the better thing to do would be to list it for the price I'm going to ask for but it's 50% chance it will be relisted again 30 mins after collecting.

Soldato
Doh! I can only imagine the nightmare that will be the Amazon warehouses today, but the silver lining being I've had Amazon despatch notices come through late at night before and what I ordered still arrived. Did you get an e-mail about "release date delivery" from Amazon a couple of days ago?

It's Amazon logistics :) the man-in-a-van courier. To be fair to them though, they've been good of late and Amazon do tracking now with a reasonable time-frame window on the day and always deliver time. Famous last words possibly :o Will see how tomorrow fares!

Hope everyone gets their consoles in a timely manner, sucks to hear that Yodel are having issues.

I did, i just had another look an order now says this
"5:26 PM
Delivery appointment scheduled
GB"

Says arriving tomorrow on main page of account

Soldato
Souls does look great but I have very short patience so not sure it's for me!

My experience with souls games is limited but on the last one I played (DS3) the amount of stuff you have to repeat if you die is tiresome. Its a nice feeling of achievement when you succeed but the repetitive nature of covering the same ground over and over and over again because a boss is kicking your ass is literally soul destroying.

As someone with a busy work life and limited game time its just not a franchise I engage with. Firstly because I'm not experienced in the franchise so find things harder than others would to begin with and secondly its a game that is very unforgiving. Thirdly its a game you can wonder around for hours on and have no clue if you are progressing or even working towards any kind of goals. Its really old school in that regard and I can totally see why its so popular. The younger me would relish it but back then free time was something I had plenty of.

If you feel repeatedly replaying the same section of a game dozens of times only to die at a very similar place is something you wouldn't have patience for then definitely don't buy it! Lol :p

You need to get good. But it takes the kind time and effort not everyone has and ultimately you will probably quit!

Back
Top Bottom