• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Gamebyte emailed me inviting me to join a raffle for £1 to earn the right to purchase a digital edition ps5
However they are selling as a bundle for £650. Frustrating that even retailers are effectively scalping by adding stuff no one wants at inflated prices

So you have to pay £1 for the privilege of possibly being allowed to purchase? **** that.

Associate
Well I've got my tracking number from Game, a bit annoyed that the "Priority insured delivery" is only a Royal mail tracked 48 which I believe was a bit more than Tracked 24.
Well hopefully it arrives end of the week and I can stop worrying.

Soldato
I make it around £585 based on rrp
PS5DE £360
Controller £60
HD Camera £50
Media remote £25
Rob Rivera cable guy device holder £15
Fortnite last laugh £25
PS Plus 12 month £50
My prices could be wrong though
I doubt I'd ever consider buying any of the extras

Aye - looks about right - not fair at all really.
If they were charging £585 for it, then it's an annoyance more than anything - the HD Camera has a very specific market, PS+ is always cheaper at least a couple of times a year via a code, Fortnite........
But to bundle in additional items which adds to their profit and then charge an additional £65 on top of that - principled me would say go to hell. If however I was still looking for one, I'd be tempted knowing it's cheaper than Ebay.

Associate
I probably know the answer to this question, but . Does anyone know if anymore stock of PS5's are coming before Christmas? My work colleague has a disabled son and wants to get him one for Christmas. I did say there is not much chance of that but I would look around. He also won't deal with terrorists (scalpers).

Cheers
What relevance does the 'disabled' part have? It's very unlikely you will be able to get one before Christmas without paying scalper prices.

Associate
What SSD are you using with it please?
I'm using a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB with the same adapter. I had the Wifi issues when plugged into the rear ports. I'm using the front USB-C port for the time being and it's been rock solid. I may consider trying out the rear ports again as I've now moved over to a wired LAN cable. Just a faff moving it off the stand and the disc drive stopped making the loud buzzing sounds so don't want to disturb it. :D

Associate
How is the DualSense Charging Station still completely OOS. I've been trying to get hold of one of them for a month!

Surely these things are cheap and easy to produce, why hasn't there been more?

Associate
How is the DualSense Charging Station still completely OOS. I've been trying to get hold of one of them for a month!

Surely these things are cheap and easy to produce, why hasn't there been more?

I got lucky and got one from Coolshop. Ordered on the 4th of December and should arrive in the next couple of days. Coming from Denmark so just need to change the lead and I'll be good to go!

Soldato
Is there a huge difference in speed between using an SSD and HDD for the external hard drive for PS4 games?

Is it just the loading times that is better or is it noticeable in games too?

I'm tempted for an SSD but always thought the USB connection would bottleneck the speed anyway?

Caporegime
Hypothetical question. If a big retailer messed up and you ended up not paying for your PS5, would you notify them or wait and see if they realise their error.

How would that even happen? Did they just send it to you and then refund you without you contacting them at all?

Soldato
Ah I see, so it didn't come and they refunded you and then it came afterwards?

Something like that, it was days later though they contacted me to say refund issued after an investigation :confused:

I see valhalla "ltd edition" is on sale at amazon today for 39.99 or two quid cheaper for ps4. Fenix rising for 34 ( 30 for ps4) which is tempting because at first I thought it looked terrible but I watched a video and actually it probably interested me more than AC.

Last edited:
Associate
Can anyone recommend a charging dock for 2 controllers?

I've just opened up a 2nd controller and am gobsmacked to discover that they don't even include a charging cable!?!?

You can chance your luck and see if you can get one of the official Sony charging stations but they're like hen's teeth. I managed to get one that's being delivered today all the way from Denmark!

Back
Top Bottom