• Digital Only Version

Votes: 173 16.3%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 661 62.2%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
I've binned off my PSVR2 pre order, not feeling it at the moment. May get it further down the line.
Fair enough. It's an expensive piece of kit to sit unused. Is it the game line-up that's changed your mind, the cost or a combination of both ? I wouldn't say there's a ton of stuff at release that interests me, but between RE8:Village, GT7, HZD: Call of the Mountain and No Man's Sky that will keep me going for a while. I'll probably pick up Moss Book 1 & 2 and Demeo, too.

I've nearly jumped on VR several times over the last 6-7 years ( on PC ) but each time I've been put off by the underpowered hardware/tech. For me, the PSVR2 is the first device that offers a winning combination of graphical fidelity, frame rate and field of view, and at a reasonable price. However, the pessimist in me thinks that if this generation of hardware fails to break into the mainstream, funding for future VR/software will all but disappear. I hope I'm wrong on that front ...

Caporegime
Fair enough. It's an expensive piece of kit to sit unused. Is it the game line-up that's changed your mind, the cost or a combination of both ? I wouldn't say there's a ton of stuff at release that interests me, but between RE8:Village, GT7, HZD: Call of the Mountain and No Man's Sky that will keep me going for a while. I'll probably pick up Moss Book 1 & 2 and Demeo, too.

I've nearly jumped on VR several times over the last 6-7 years ( on PC ) but each time I've been put off by the underpowered hardware/tech. For me, the PSVR2 is the first device that offers a winning combination of graphical fidelity, frame rate and field of view, and at a reasonable price. However, the pessimist in me thinks that if this generation of hardware fails to break into the mainstream, funding for future VR/software will all but disappear. I hope I'm wrong on that front ...

Combination of a few things, cost and game lineup are two of them. I have a Quest 2 for VR itches when needed so ill wait for the game catalogue to get better.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sales expectations lowering doesn't surprise me - the kit is reasonably priced for what you are getting (sorry guys - it really is). It's just people don't have the disposable income for it.
If that price were dropped to levels some people were talking about, it would barely be a step forward from PSVR1.

Soldato
Agreed, can't have it both ways. As a newcomer to VR I'm happy with where it's positioned, if it had been a lower-end device I don't think it would have interested me as much even if it meant saving some money. Perhaps there are some compromises that should or could have been made to bring the price down, but we won't know until it thrives or fails.

I think the games available on launch are a strong selection (including some free updates to existing games like RE8) but they could do with announcing some of the titles due to come later in the year.

Soldato
I'd like to give vr a go, but those initial costs are horrendous for something so poorly supported. I'd love to know why it's not backwards compatible, it it were I'd imagine more people might upgrade.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I'd like to give vr a go, but those initial costs are horrendous for something so poorly supported. I'd love to know why it's not backwards compatible, it it were I'd imagine more people might upgrade.
Isn't VR2 supposed to better supported? more games will support fully. You should try VR on PC (if you have the hardware) if you want to give it a go. Quest 2 I highly recommend. It has native games too.

Last edited:
Soldato
A stonking console and a decent VR setup for about a grand is still pretty good value in my opinion. I was going to try and get one, but on reflection I personally can’t warrant the spend for VR2 but I’d love to get one. I won’t begrudge the price given the spec, but it’s more than I’m prepared to stretch to for the time being. I do think the current economic pressures have a bearing on my outlook though.

Maybe Santa might get one for me! (I live in hope :p )

Soldato
Isn't VR2 supposed to better supported? more games will support fully. You should try VR on PC (if you have the hardware) if you want to give it a go. Quest 2 I highly recommend. It has native games too.
I thought that link said past games weren't supported. I'd like to try the half life game on pc, but then you have to buy double the equipment.

Soldato
Shock horror, another misinformation that originated from that Bloomberg guy that is then officially denied.

Can you use the vr2 as a big TV to play normal games? Sure I read you can.

Associate
Shock horror, another misinformation that originated from that Bloomberg guy that is then officially denied.

Can you use the vr2 as a big TV to play normal games? Sure I read you can.
I saw that ... just can't trust games "journalists". And yes, you can use the PSVR2 to play normal games - it has a "cinema" viewing mode for non-VR content.

Soldato
We certainly cannot trust games journalists - they all have an agenda. I can promise you now that once the Hogwarts Legacy embargo is lifted, we'll get a lot of reviews thus:
Blah, blah, controversy, blah, blah, JK Rowling, blah blah, views, blah, blah, transphobic, blah, blah - 7/10.
Kotaku has got to be one of the worst for this kind of rubbish.

Soldato
New beta firmware:

You can now join Discord voice chats on your PS5.
o Link your Discord account from PS5 settings and use the Discord app on your mobile device or computer to get a Discord voice chat going on PS5. You can also let your Discord friends see when you’re online and what you’re playing.

• VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) is now supported at 1440p resolution

• Update your DualSense wireless controller device software over your wireless connection

• Easily transfer your data from your PS5 console to another PS5 over a local network or LAN cable

• More streamlined inheritance of save data from PS4 games being played on PS5
o When installing a PS4 game on PS5, the system will automatically alert you if you have PS4 save data for the game in your online storage, and ask if you would like to download it. This feature can also be used when installing a PS5 version of the game (if the developer chooses to support the PS4 game’s original save data).

- The way installed games are started has been changed:
o If your PS5 has the download version of a game that you haven’t purchased (such as those that other users on your PS5 have purchased), and if you have the disc version, you can now play the installed download version by inserting the disc (without installing the disc version).
- Similarly, if you’ve installed a game using the disc, and you’ve purchased the download version of the game, you can now play the installed disc version of the game without inserting the disc.

• Feature enhancements to Gamelists, Screen Reader, Game Hub, and more.

About time for the wireless controller update.

EDIT: have four beta code redemptions left if anyone wants one convo me :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Lots of good changes there. The changes to installed/disc games will hopefully resolve those annoying instances of having to reinstall/redownload games when changing from disc to download.

Back
Top Bottom