• Digital Only Version

Votes: 172 16.2%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Yep I saw those, a lot of cool stuff to unlock/use here, just you go from basic not having much to a lot of options for the boss battle thing, and you don't really get time to test out most of the new things.

Seen enough to sell me on it anyway, my pre-order has been baked in for a bit.

Associate
Small update from Insider Gaming last night

EXCLUSIVE - PS5 Pro Enhanced Requirements Detailed - Insider Gaming (insider-gaming.com)

With the soon-to-be-announced PS5 Pro expected to hit shelves later this year, Insider Gaming has learned of the developer requirements that need to be met to have the ‘PS5 Pro Enhanced’ label. Internally, this is currently called the ‘Trinity Enhanced’ label, but for the sake of SEO, we’ll be referring to it as ‘PS5 Pro Enhanced’ moving forward.

The ‘Enhanced’ label first made its introduction into the PlayStation ecosystem following the release of the PlayStation 4 Pro, which meant that the game utilized the Pro console’s improved hardware to offer improved frame rates and resolutions. For the PS5 Pro PlayStation wants games to offer a PS5 Pro-exclusive graphics mode that will combine:

• PSSR to upscale resolution to 4K
  • A constant 60FPS
  • Add or increase ray tracing effects
According to documents sent to Insider Gaming, this is possible because of faster RAM (28% faster) and a faster GPU that is 67% larger than the standard console (45% faster) – You can read more PS5 Pro specs here. Playstation says these combined make the Pro 45% faster than the standard PlayStation 5 and can provide twice the rendering speed of the standard console.

PlayStation goes on to continue that games may also be given the ‘PS5 Pro Enhanced’ label if they offer any of the following enhancements:

• Increased target resolution for titles that run a fixed resolution on the standard console
  • Increased target maximum resolution for titles that run at variable resolution on the standard console
  • Increased target frame rate for titles that target a fixed frame rate on the standard console
  • Inclusion of PS5 Pro Raytracing effects
For high-demanding games like GTA 6, tech expert and Digital Foundry founder Richard Leadbetter has said that people shouldn’t expect GTA 6 to run at 60FPS on the PS5 Pro. Leadbetter’s analysis is primarily based on the Pro’s CPU, which will be identical to the standard system with a 10% increase in GHz.

Associate
Russia orders the creation of a home grown console to rival the PlayStation and PC :p

They might bring back classic games like Track & Field on the PS1, but allow for the use of turbo buttons on controllers to simulate athletes on performance enhancing drugs

Associate
Step 1: buy discounted credit on places like ShopTo or Cdkeys.

Step 2: cheapest time will be when a sale is on for a year, think Extra was like £60 for a year fairly recently. If you need it now then you gotta pay going rate though.
Yep, this is my go-to. Usually around black friday they do 15 months for the price of 12 months - or they reduce it by 30%. That reduction + CD Keys discounted credit means it's not too bad all totalled up.

Soldato
Step 1: buy discounted credit on places like ShopTo or Cdkeys.

Step 2: cheapest time will be when a sale is on for a year, think Extra was like £60 for a year fairly recently. If you need it now then you gotta pay going rate though.
Currently Currys have a 15% offer if you use PLAY15 on their PSN cards.

Sadly Currys website is a pos and I gave up on it as payment was messy with Amex and my Starling mastercard.

Soldato
Just finished the Story mode on the Stellar Blade demo - sold!

Not usually my cup of tea, I suck at timing during combat, but there looked to be enough enjoyment gameplay wise, to warrant a purchase - though not paying 70 quid for it (or any game tbh).

Had to turn the music off, as it started to grate after the first set of bars you swing over a river, and just enjoyed the audio of a dead city scape - though with headphones off, it was really hard to hear the rain and water effects; maybe they can boost those sounds without me having to whack my amp up to silly volume.

Looking forward to starting the game afesh when it's out and I can find it for an acceptable price

Soldato
Cheapest price I can find currently it just under £60 via Currys: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/stellar-blade-ps5-currys-preorder-ps5949-4320833

I paid £56 for pre-order when Ebay had a 20% off code running, they've done it a couple of times recently, but not sure if they will repeat before release date.

I liked the music but it was on repeat, not sure if just because demo and they didn't have all the music ready. I hope the full game has a better variety playing.

What surprised me the most is just how smoothly the game ran, at least in the demo. Balanced mode looked great and ran really well.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheapest price I can find currently it just under £60 via Currys: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/stellar-blade-ps5-currys-preorder-ps5949-4320833

I paid £56 for pre-order when Ebay had a 20% off code running, they've done it a couple of times recently, but not sure if they will repeat before release date.

I liked the music but it was on repeat, not sure if just because demo and they didn't have all the music ready. I hope the full game has a better variety playing.

What surprised me the most is just how smoothly the game ran, at least in the demo. Balanced mode looked great and ran really well.
I read there are over 100 tracks in the full game.

Back
Top Bottom