• Digital Only Version

Votes: 172 16.2%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
For anyone interested in the new Ubisoft Starwars game. The game collection has a decent pre-order price of £56 and you get a free steelbook and £10 extra worth of reward points to use on a future purchase. They charge up front though.

Last edited:
Soldato
For anyone interested in the new Ubisoft Starwars game. The game collection has a decent pre-order price of £56 and you get a free steelbook and £10 extra worth of reward points to use on a future purchase. They charge up front though.
Will probably be a day one purchase for me this, although experience and my better judgement says don't preorder!

Soldato
I bought a PS5 Slim disk version and it made so much noise installing disks that I could hear it throughout my whole house, it was the worst I have ever heard any console in my life and I have had just about ever console ever released.

Turns out that it only happens with PS4 disks.

As soon as i started to install PS5 games it was normal noise levels.

Was that a thing with the non Slim PS5 consoles or just the Slim models.

Associate
A few interesting comments from DF relating the PS5 Pro on their latest 'weekly' podcast. Quite comical that Sony are renaming 'boost' to 'Ultra Boost' mode, it feels like they've taken lessons from the school of Apple or Intel with their naming conventions (iPhone Pro MAX, Intel Core ULTRA).

It definitely sounds like games that currently are a bit wobbly in their performance modes should get that entirely ironed out by just existing on the PS5 Pro (so games where it's variable between 55-60 will benefit) - but also games that have an unlocked FPS mode (Horizon Forbidden West Performance) will likely really benefit here too. For those that play MW3/WZ3, the performance mode on that game runs up to 120fps but typically sits between 95-105 so the extra performance should definitely provide more consistency there as well.

I think what interested me the most is that apparently PSSR can be injected into any existing PS5 games - and then it'll be a bit of work for developers to have it working as they'd want. They note Jedi Survivor being a good use case for this where it's quite aggressive with it's use of FSR so I'm really hoping a few of those games are revisited. FSR is alright, it's not great and it's comfortably behind Nvidia's DLSS (and probably behind Intel's XESS right now) so hopefully PSSR can help games consistently run at 4k60 whilst still looking as great as they do with DLSS.

Soldato
The official black covers finally came back into stock on PS Direct at some point over the past few days, so I ordered a set yesterday afternoon:
FnF3SGVh.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
2,3,5 just isn't working for me :(
All bases covered though, no need for a 1 or a 4 as the others will play all those games. My 1 got sold when I got the 2 way back when, and the 4 Pro was sold when I got the 5.

My YLOD'd original PS3 is still in my parents' loft I think, would quite like to have another go at getting it running again someday.

Soldato
All bases covered though, no need for a 1 or a 4 as the others will play all those games. My 1 got sold when I got the 2 way back when, and the 4 Pro was sold when I got the 5.

My YLOD'd original PS3 is still in my parents' loft I think, would quite like to have another go at getting it running again someday.

Oh yeah for sure, just don't like the sequence lol. Was speaking to a friend the other day about this, I can't tell which my least favourite playstation is but it's either 3 or 4.

Associate
Paid. £500 for mine with Resistance. I think the next game I got was motorstorm but I didn't really like either of those games.
Yeah, I think mine came with Resistance. I'm pretty sure I got it from HMV, is HMV even open now?!

It was the original thick PS3 that you could play PS2 and PS1 games on which was why I wanted it - but then I ended up just playing old PS2 games on it the entire time and never really found a game that I wanted to play. Got a 360 the following year and then lost my world to COD and Halo.

Soldato
Yeah, I think mine came with Resistance. I'm pretty sure I got it from HMV, is HMV even open now?!

It was the original thick PS3 that you could play PS2 and PS1 games on which was why I wanted it - but then I ended up just playing old PS2 games on it the entire time and never really found a game that I wanted to play. Got a 360 the following year and then lost my world to COD and Halo.

It is! However, it mainly just sells tat now. Had this same convo with my sister*

*I believe she actually said "merch" so I just imagine those collectable doll things etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
I liked the PS3. My original one was a present to myself the day after I finished my final exam at uni, it came in a boxed bundle with GTA4 and then I think MGS4 came out quite soon afterwards. It worked really well as a media player too, I had it connected to a cheap NAS for storing TV shows/movies. I did end up getting a 360 too later down the line though, because back then there were so many exclusives I didn't want to miss out on.

Back
Top Bottom