Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
what's currently the most popular games on ps5? It's helldivers 2 and sea of thieves

What's the most popular currently on pc? It's helldivers 2, pal world and last epoch
I mean none of this is true.

The most popular games on PS5 are Fortnite, FIFA and COD.

The most popular games on PC are CS, Valorant, League and probably also Fortnite.

I must say Warzone 120hz runs infinitely better on the PS5 than Xbox.

Can't play it on Xbox anymore... Just not as smooth and responsive at all.
Don't think it ever ran well on series x hasn't for me at least. That weapon blur bug on series X once you see it can't unsee it and it's still not been fixed since mw2! I don't turn on my series x anymore just sits there. Get to game 3 times a week and it's always on the ps5 slim currently

Latest video from MLID from supposedly internal documents.

In Summary the PS5 Pro:
  • Is ~45% faster than the PS5 in Raw (Unoptimized) Rendering Performance
  • Is 2-4x faster than the PS5 in Ray Tracing
  • Has 67 TFLOPs of FP16
  • Has 300 TOPs of 8-bit Computation
  • Utilizes PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution (PSSR), an Al-Accelerated DLSS Competitor
The new PSSR looks to be better than FSR 2/3, but will hold any and all judgment till release.

So it does look like they are trying to aim for 60fps quality mode and an up to 120fps in performance.

But looking at the specs, gotta be £599 minimum

Insider gaming claims the leak is real

Insider gaming also says all major developers have already received ps5 pro's to test with. Insider gaming also says that with the AI PSSR upscaler, it's powered by a piece of machine learning architecture in the system and that at launch Sony targets high image quality or high performance 4k upscaling, but later on Sony will release an update that enables an 8k upscaling option for those who have an 8k tv and want to try it, but the system is generally designed for 4k, not 8k

Last edited:
I don’t think the uptake would be the same compared to when people moved to PS4 Pro

PS4 needed it badly I felt, PS5 just doesn’t. They will need a big game to tempt people I think as well so unless they perhaps hold out for GTA6 and claim best way to play and enjoy is on ps5 pro etc I fail to see how they can really convince avg consumers

Sony soft ware line up is a quieter year as they said themselves so 2024 seems odd year to do it!

If there’s a 60fps quality mode/120fps performance mode I’d happily switch to the Pro, selling the PS5 OG would put a good chunk towards the upgrade cost, and if they included the new DualSense controller that would be the icing on the cake.

I don’t think the uptake would be the same compared to when people moved to PS4 Pro

PS4 needed it badly I felt, PS5 just doesn’t. They will need a big game to tempt people I think as well so unless they perhaps hold out for GTA6 and claim best way to play and enjoy is on ps5 pro etc I fail to see how they can really convince avg consumers

Sony soft ware line up is a quieter year as they said themselves so 2024 seems odd year to do it!
Agreed - on face value it's less of a "required" upgrade for many people particularly given the relative absence of 1st party AAA titles coming out in the next 1-2 years. But I suspect Sony will jump on the GT6 bandwagon in 2025 and use that as the vehicle to promote the PS5 Pro model.

Last edited:
Covid or should I say the pandemic did so much damage. It messed up supply chains everywhere, part of which obviously hit the PS5 when everyone was stuck at home. Also game development was totally hampered as a result.

I still can't see the point of a Pro when as I mentioned above, developers can't even get 60fps out when the PS5 is well capable of doing it. Hell Pacific Drive, which I'm playing at the moment targets 4k30 (stated by the developer) and barely manages that. We've got games still coming out for the PS4 too. I don't care how much beefy hardware we've got coming - if a game isn't upto a decent performance standard then its somewhat pointless imo.

I don't see the point of the PS5 Pro, higher frame rates and Ray-Tracing aren't a system seller.

For those interested in the above, the vast majority are already on gaming PC's.

Plus such a device won't be cheap, far from it. Sony can't even manufacture PS5 Slim models to be cheaper than what they already are just now.

Bottom line though, it's still a console with all the limitations that come with such devices.

In any case.. it’s about the games, right.

Nah people just want better hardware, screw the main purpose of a console. lol. The PS5 hasn't even been tested to its full potential. Though some are just fixated on the next piece of hardware. Bring on GTAV ps5 pro remaster £59.99 Im sure some suckers will buy it.

Last edited:
What we looking at here?
A comparison of image processing techniques. Temporal AA vs FSR2 (AMD's upscaling tech) and then finally PSSR which is Sony's variant that the Pro will utilise. The latter image looks clearer etc but its meaningless until the thing is actually out. A compressed jpg image means jack.

Last edited:
Don't think it ever ran well on series x hasn't for me at least. That weapon blur bug on series X once you see it can't unsee it and it's still not been fixed since mw2! I don't turn on my series x anymore just sits there. Get to game 3 times a week and it's always on the ps5 slim currently
Oh I've seen the colour smearing on the weapon. I run dark coloured weapons to avoid it.

I don't see the point of the PS5 Pro, higher frame rates and Ray-Tracing aren't a system seller.

For those interested in the above, the vast majority are already on gaming PC's.

Plus such a device won't be cheap, far from it. Sony can't even manufacture PS5 Slim models to be cheaper than what they already are just now.

Bottom line though, it's still a console with all the limitations that come with such devices.
I'm pretty much day one at this point.

I’d jump on a PS5 Pro day one for the additional Storage , Ray tracing, higher frame rates, native 4k rendering and improved VR support.

I don’t have a gaming PC so it’s not hard to justify spending £300-400 for to trade in my current 3 year old PlayStation for an upgraded PS5.

I can imagine it’ll be a hard sell for the more casual gamers or those who game on PC primarily though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom