Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
Can’t say I’m overly bothered about a pro tbh. The lack of original games this generation or games being butchered by company’s like Sweet baby inc has kind of put me off.

Yeah, its a bit of a strange move to worry about a console upgrade when the current games on offer are lacklustre even after a few years.

I must say Warzone 120hz runs infinitely better on the PS5 than Xbox.

Can't play it on Xbox anymore... Just not as smooth and responsive at all.

Latest video from MLID from supposedly internal documents.

In Summary the PS5 Pro:
  • Is ~45% faster than the PS5 in Raw (Unoptimized) Rendering Performance
  • Is 2-4x faster than the PS5 in Ray Tracing
  • Has 67 TFLOPs of FP16
  • Has 300 TOPs of 8-bit Computation
  • Utilizes PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution (PSSR), an Al-Accelerated DLSS Competitor
The new PSSR looks to be better than FSR 2/3, but will hold any and all judgment till release.

So it does look like they are trying to aim for 60fps quality mode and an up to 120fps in performance.

But looking at the specs, gotta be £599 minimum

Of course PSSR will be better than FSR3, any AI model or hardware accelerated upscaling is better than FSR. And no pssr is not a dlss competitor unless you're saying pssr is coming to windows because if it's only on the ps5 then it's not a competitor whatsoever

Last edited:
Of course PSSR will be better than FSR3, any AI model or hardware accelerated upscaling is better than FSR. And no pssr is not a dlss competitor unless you're saying pssr is coming to windows because if it's only on the ps5 then it's not a competitor whatsoever
Probably means competitor in terms of how good it could be, not that it's going to be available on PC at this point.

Specs do sound good but definitely agree that around 599 might be the price point. I'd love it if they did go down the route of consistent 60fps quality / 120fps performance. I know people will say they don't notice the difference / the impact isn't that big, but just reducing input latency by having a smoother experience is so much nicer and more enjoyable to play.

Returnal plays so well at 120fps, it's not bad at 60fps at all but at 120 it just becomes so much more fluid.

I'm a sucker for mid-tier refreshes, the 4Pro was a nice step up for the base model and the Xbox 1X was a bit of a beast for the time. I'll get one soon after launch

Last edited:
Still not convinced we’ll see or even need a Pro. Happy to be proven wrong though. Random person on internet ‘internal documents’ is really not very convincing these days (or ever) so I shall remain blissfully sceptical until told otherwise.

It does feel like an odd time to be releasing a Pro. If one does come out then I'll likely pick it up - but I'd rather they waited until 2025/26 and just released a dedicated PS6 rather than a sort of halfway house. It could be them trialling the upscaling tech ahead of it being standard in the new full generation console.

This generation in general has been quite strange. We have consoles that are now much better off in terms of their performance compared to the PS4 / Xbox One (which were always going to be limited by that Jaguar CPU architecture) and they really do beat out any PC comparison for bang-for-buck (zero chance you can get a similarly performing PC for 409 quid) but it doesn't feel like we've had as many incredible games as we had on the PS4.

There's been good games and the occasional great game - but it doesn't feel like it was with the PS4. Firing up Horizon Zero Dawn for the first time and just being blown away, Ghost of Tsushima, TLOU 2 etc.

It does feel like an odd time to be releasing a Pro. If one does come out then I'll likely pick it up - but I'd rather they waited until 2025/26 and just released a dedicated PS6 rather than a sort of halfway house. It could be them trialling the upscaling tech ahead of it being standard in the new full generation console.

This generation in general has been quite strange. We have consoles that are now much better off in terms of their performance compared to the PS4 / Xbox One (which were always going to be limited by that Jaguar CPU architecture) and they really do beat out any PC comparison for bang-for-buck (zero chance you can get a similarly performing PC for 409 quid) but it doesn't feel like we've had as many incredible games as we had on the PS4.

There's been good games and the occasional great game - but it doesn't feel like it was with the PS4. Firing up Horizon Zero Dawn for the first time and just being blown away, Ghost of Tsushima, TLOU 2 etc.

AAA gaming is dying anyway, that's why the ps5 feels like it has so little big games, so realistically we don't need powerful hardware anymore. AA games are now more popular than AAA and they have less realistic graphics so run better

Last edited:
I wouldn’t say it’s dying… but it certainly is in a lull at the moment. Dev cycles are just too long.

Having said that, yes I’ve been enjoying mostly indie games at the moment, alongside the mainstream big games. (Balatro and Slay The Spire are both taking my time)

I wouldn’t say it’s dying… but it certainly is in a lull at the moment. Dev cycles are just too long.

Having said that, yes I’ve been enjoying mostly indie games at the moment, alongside the mainstream big games. (Balatro and Slay The Spire are both taking my time)

I think I’d take that. Been playing Uncharted 4 and there really is nothing that comes close to these PS exclusives in terms of sheer artistic detail. Except maybe something like Cyberpunk.

I think I’d take that. Been playing Uncharted 4 and there really is nothing that comes close to these PS exclusives in terms of sheer artistic detail. Except maybe something like Cyberpunk.
Yup. Agreed, almost all PS exclusives are fantastic. And honestly. There are things coming out, it’s just it may interest some, and not others

For instance I’m looking forward to stellar blade, whether it’ll flop or not is anyone’s guses.. but it certainly looks fantastic. And I’m looking forward to April.

Citation needed.

what's currently the most popular games on ps5? It's helldivers 2 and sea of thieves

What's the most popular currently on pc? It's helldivers 2, pal world and last epoch

what do all of these have in common? None are AAA games

Recently Sony just cancelled half a dozen AAA games and fired studios that had being working on games. Just this week Warner Bros declared they will no longer make AAA games, only mobile and AA going forward

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom