Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
For those looking for official accessories, certainly do try going into your local Game store, I've managed to buy the media remote from the MK store and I believe they had few others left available while their website is out of stock.

I've not seen the media remote out of stock anywhere to be fair. I'm a bit confused as to the point of it, most people have smart tv's and can control the PS5 with that remote.

edit: Just had a look, apparently it is, odd.

I've not seen the media remote out of stock anywhere to be fair. I'm a bit confused as to the point of it, most people have smart tv's and can control the PS5 with that remote.

Aye - went out of stock everywhere. The only accessory to remain constantly in stock has been the camera, however that does have a very limited market.
I bought the media remote, but on finding out Sony weren't going to support Dolby Vision out of the box, I sold it and put the money towards an Apple TV box instead.
I popped it on Ebay so once sold, I'd make literally pennies over what I'd paid for it - was looking to get my money back, nothing more. No lie, it sold within 1 minutes of going live.

Aye - went out of stock everywhere. The only accessory to remain constantly in stock has been the camera, however that does have a very limited market.
I bought the media remote, but on finding out Sony weren't going to support Dolby Vision out of the box, I sold it and put the money towards an Apple TV box instead.
I popped it on Ebay so once sold, I'd make literally pennies over what I'd paid for it - was looking to get my money back, nothing more. No lie, it sold within 1 minutes of going live.

Result for you then. So does that mean if I watch netflix on my ps5 it won't switch to dolby vision preset on my tv like it does if I use the TV's netflix app? Not that I see any reason to use it on the PS over the native apps.

That is true you can probably control the Ps5 with smart TV remote but I bought the media remote as i'm bit old fashion and rather have separate remote for different purpose.
I've received my PS5 on Friday from Game delivered by Royal mail, no damage or anything or empty box which was nice.
Won't be able to try Spiderman or Demon souls yet though as i'm pre-occupied with cyberpunk 2077 on PC.
I will be browsing through this thread still as I do have 2 other friends still looking to buy one.

What’s the best way to clean the Ps5 surfaces, the piano black is a nightmare to clean even with the softest microfibers it will scratch.

I already gave up on that, the trim got a scratch from my nails just taking it out of the box.
Only real solution is 1) stick a replacement trim over it or 2) keep the PS5 out of direct light, that way you wont see the scratches

Result for you then. So does that mean if I watch netflix on my ps5 it won't switch to dolby vision preset on my tv like it does if I use the TV's netflix app? Not that I see any reason to use it on the PS over the native apps.
Yup - exactly that. It was my intention to use the PS5 as a media centre in the same way I used my PS4. I didn't get a dedicated media streamer as I assumed, wrongly, that the PS5 would come with DV support for Streaming Apps.
It could be added later, PS5 more than capable of doing that at a software level, but still very disappointing.
I'm guessing cost, but even if they had put the license up on the PSN store for £30 I'd have probably purchased and that is a lot higher than the license would actually cost.

Just curious about the PS4 games.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but on a standard PS4 games are 1080p right? But on a PS4 Pro there are a mix of resolutions, all games are in theory output at 4k but in reality, plenty are upscaled and this can mean some are upscaled from 1440p though to some which use dynamic resolutions and then others are actually 4k.

Does the PS5 change anything in terms of resolutions yet on the old PS4 titles? Obvs I'd expect some performance improvement in terms of frame rate etc.. but is there any change in resolution to say some PS4 pro enhanced games that on the PS4 pro could output an upscaled 1440p? Would they now increase to actual not just upscaled 4k output?

Correct me if I'm wrong here but on a standard PS4 games are 1080p right? But on a PS4 Pro there are a mix of resolutions, all games are in theory output at 4k but in reality, plenty are upscaled and this can mean some are upscaled from 1440p though to some which use dynamic resolutions and then others are actually 4k.

Does the PS5 change anything in terms of resolutions yet on the old PS4 titles? Obvs I'd expect some performance improvement in terms of frame rate etc.. but is there any change in resolution to say some PS4 pro enhanced games that on the PS4 pro could output an upscaled 1440p? Would they now increase to actual not just upscaled 4k output?
They will run at the max resolution and framerate they are allowed to run at.

For example if a game is dynamic 1080p-1440p at 40fps on the pro on the ps5 it will be locked 1440p and 60fps.

Still tons of games locked at 1080/30 unfortunately. Just have to look them by game by game before you buy.

PS4 games will usually just work in the PS4 Pro mode on PS5 unless there has been a specific patch. For example I'm playing God of War which can either run 4k 30fps or 1080p 60fps unfortunately. They need to release a patch to allow 4k 60fps.

They will run at the max resolution and framerate they are allowed to run at.

For example if a game is dynamic 1080p-1440p at 40fps on the pro on the ps5 it will be locked 1440p and 60fps.

Still tons of games locked at 1080/30 unfortunately. Just have to look them by game by game before you buy.

PS4 games will usually just work in the PS4 Pro mode on PS5 unless there has been a specific patch. For example I'm playing God of War which can either run 4k 30fps or 1080p 60fps unfortunately. They need to release a patch to allow 4k 60fps.

Cheers guys, not actually got a PS5 (yet), am not a massive gamer but do like a few titles, I never got a PS4/PS4 pro and think at this point I'll probably skip it and buy a PS5 next year and will aim to pick up some of the (good) PS4 games I've missed out on too (ideally PS4 Pro enhanced versions).

Back
Top Bottom