*** The Official Rainbow Six: Siege Thread ***

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
Just getting back into PC gaming after a few year's hiatus. Played my first game of Siege this morning coincidentally.

A lot to take in, think I need to do some reading!

uplay - midgen

Associate
OP
Just getting back into PC gaming after a few year's hiatus. Played my first game of Siege this morning coincidentally.

A lot to take in, think I need to do some reading!

uplay - midgen

There is a lot to the game! Best thing to do would be to start off picking some simple operators such as Thatcher, Thermite on Attack and Rook and Doc on defense. Watch what the other operators are doing, and when you feel comfortable, try giving that operator a go. Some operators require lots of map knowledge, such as Caveira, so best not play her for a while.

Remember that sound is extremely important, so have your headphones on without any background music playing.

Soldato
Also remember that the sound in this game works completely different to anything I've come across before. The sound will come through the nearest "opening", which sometimes catches me out as I'll look left and they come from back right through a boarded door...

I've been playing it a lot solo as I don't tend to have a set time I'll be online to play.

Associate
OP
Cheers, played a few games this evening. Only got ribbed for being a noob once :p

Gonna take a while to learn the maps :S

Yeah, learning the maps and strategies is extremely important, but it is something that just comes with experience. Try studying http://www.r6maps.com/ to get a rough idea of the maps

Updated the OP with the new operator Lesion teaser.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Operation Blood Orchid has been delayed a week.

The full Operation Blood Orchid update will deploy on the Technical Test Server (PC) on August 29th, the release date on live servers will be September 5th (all platforms).

Operation Blood Orchid is the biggest update to Rainbow Six Siege we have ever done. There are over 1000 fixes, including hundreds of fixes to maps and lighting, optimization of Operator data, a full pass on improving resolution and appearance of the game, and many fixes for operators, including Hibana.

During Operation Health, we deployed all of our major technical features on the Technical Test Server. For the launch of Season 3, we will be following this deployment process with the full Operation Blood Orchid deployment on the TTS on August 29th, the live deployment will take place on September 5th. The TTS is available for all players who own Siege on PC, and rolling out to some console players on Uplay PC, check your Uplay PC app to see if you have access.

This will be the first time that we will be deploying actual content on the test server which will help insure a stable launch on all platforms. You will be able to play the new operators, new map, and all of the new changes to Rainbow Six Siege. You will be able to give us feedback, and help us fix bugs right on our TTS Subreddit.

Thank you for your support in testing Season 3’s content!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/c..._deployment_timeline/?st=j6ot32c0&sh=214a4e48

Associate
I used to love the old RB6 games, but never managed to really get into RB6 Siege as I didn't have any friends on PC who wanted to play it. :(

UPlay ID is TangoEchoAlpha_ and I'm in the UK - please add me to the list!

Associate
OP
I used to love the old RB6 games, but never managed to really get into RB6 Siege as I didn't have any friends on PC who wanted to play it. :(

UPlay ID is TangoEchoAlpha_ and I'm in the UK - please add me to the list!

I have added you to the list :)

I have also added a leaked clip of the new map, Theme Park; https://streamable.com/62cqf (streamable as Youtube versions keep getting removed)

Associate
OP
CHANGES TO MAP ROTATIONS IN SEASON 3

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-299564-16/changes-to-map-rotations-in-season-3

We have a few big changes to the Ranked and Casual playlists currently targeted for Season 3. We will be mirroring the map pool in the Ranked game mode with that of the competitive Pro League maps. We also have changes in store for a better new player experience in the Casual game mode.

COMPETITIVE RANKED MAP PLAYLIST
In order to allow our players to hone their skills in the most competitive environment available, we are reducing the total number of maps in the Ranked map rotation. The following maps will be included in the Ranked playlist rotation for Season 3:

competitive_299559.png

Beginning this season, the Ranked playlist will include the same nine maps that we selected for the Pro League. Moving forward, we will introduce the new Ranked and ESL Pro League playlists at the same time we perform the rank reset – and all of that will occur at the start of the new season. The Ranked playlist, much like the ESL playlist, will be rotated each Season, offering a different selection of available maps.

Additionally, we will exclude maps added in the new season from both Ranked playlists and Pro League selection. This is being done to ensure that players have time to explore and learn the new maps in Casual and in Custom Games, and to make certain that we are able to eliminate any glitches or exploits prior to entering new maps into the competitive map pool.

NEW CASUAL MAP PLAYLIST
In Season 3 we will be reducing the Casual map playlist to fifteen maps. Reducing the total number of maps available for play in the Casual playlist make the process of learning the maps that Rainbow Six has to offer easier for new players. We have identified the steep learning curve that our new players face in terms of map knowledge, and this is one of the ways that we plan to address it.

Additionally, some of the maps that are removed will be reworked by our Level Design team. To be clear, not all maps that are removed from the Casual playlist will be reworked, but some of them will be over the course of the years to come.

We are quickly approaching the limit of our data sizes, and this will require a rework of how our maps are stored. As a result, we are currently planning on removing maps from the game entirely down the road (not in Season 3).

Here are the maps we will have available in Casual playlist rotation for Season 3:

casual_299560.png

While some maps may no longer be a part of the Ranked or Casual rotation, all maps will still be available in Custom matches for the time being.

MAP PREFERENCES
After revisiting the mechanics of the Map Preference system, we have elected to deactivate this system for all PvP Multiplayer (we will keep it for Terrorist Hunt so you and your squad can select specific maps). We don’t have an ETA for the return of this feature to PvP as we are exploring some alternative implementations we believe can improve the experience.

We are excited about the changes that are coming to Ranked and Casual play, and would love to hear your thoughts! Please join the discussion on Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, and the forums!

Soldato
I won't get a chance to play it until Monday at the earliest.

The patch notes have quite an extensive number of changes and fixes so looking forward to a "better" experience when I get back playing. Didn't see much in their about team killing though - that's real problem in casual.

Associate
OP
I won't get a chance to play it until Monday at the earliest.

The patch notes have quite an extensive number of changes and fixes so looking forward to a "better" experience when I get back playing. Didn't see much in their about team killing though - that's real problem in casual.

It will be even more of a problem when the new operators are out, people will teamkill the one who chooses the operator and didnt let them play as it.

TTS finishes today at 3pm, but will be live on the 5th.

Permabanned
I hate the fact they are removing maps from ranked. Ubisoft are just catering to pro league players and everyone else gets shafted. I love the game but I hate the bugs and constant issues.

Associate
Stopped playing at the start of the year,when the update made the game borderline unplayable,new patch does look good tho so will prob return to it.Apparently hibana is now finally fixed which is encouraging.Maybe this seasonn i will finally get diamond,been so close so many times.

Whats the current state of glaz?,the initial thermal buff to him at the start of the year was gamebreaking at higher levels

I hate the fact they are removing maps from ranked. .

This is one of the best changes they are making,quite a few of the maps are awful for ranked

Permabanned
Stopped playing at the start of the year,when the update made the game borderline unplayable,new patch does look good tho so will prob return to it.Apparently hibana is now finally fixed which is encouraging.Maybe this seasonn i will finally get diamond,been so close so many times.

Whats the current state of glaz?,the initial thermal buff to him at the start of the year was gamebreaking at higher levels

This is one of the best changes they are making,quite a few of the maps are awful for ranked

Glaz rifle isn't as strong now.
I love plane and yacht though.

Associate
OP
Taking maps out of ranked is a good thing, in my opinion. It is best to keep the most balanced maps in a ranked setting. I'd rather they didn't take maps out of casual though, Yacht was quite fun to defend on with Cav.

Associate
Taking maps out of ranked is a good thing, in my opinion. It is best to keep the most balanced maps in a ranked setting. I'd rather they didn't take maps out of casual though, Yacht was quite fun to defend on with Cav.

Cav was good against bad teams on yacht,if they attackers split up enough to be punished by her on yacht they deserve it,fun map tho :D

edit:So much dirty stuff you can do with impact nades on dat map lololol

Back
Top Bottom