***The Official Rugby League 2024 Thread***

Saints too good for us last night, though it must be said that at least two of their tries were a bit...Saints-y with the forward passes in the buildup going utterly unnoticed. Meh. C'est la vie.

Meanwhile in the murderball/wheelchair game Les Dracs have fair blown Wigan away 81-18 :cool:

It's really hard to figure Catalans out this year. They go weeks looking all at sea, then today against Huddersfield they're currently back to their expansive, stylish best. 22-0 as I type this, about half an hour played.

***Edit***

Oof. Just put the completion stat up - 92% Catalans, just 44% for Huddersfield. Tells a tale.

***Edit 2***

Huddersfield coming back into it in the second half as those little errors creep back into our game. Need a score to steady the ship. 22-12 right now.

***Edit 3***

Strange try for Huddersfield. They got themselves in a bit of a tangle but a loose pass came off the player's head so wasn't a knock-on. 22-18.

***Edit 4***

22-18 FT. Catalans eventually cut the mistakes out long enough to pin Huddersfield back in their territory and saw the match out. Nervier than I like it.

Last edited:
Well, this isn't great.

les Dracs said:
Following a disciplinary process, the Catalans Dragons have decided to terminate the contracts of three of their Players with immediate effect. The players concerned are Siua Taukeiaho, Jayden Nikorima and Damel Diakhate.

All Players were involved in an incident deemed to be highly unacceptable by the Club and contrary to the Club’s values.

Taukeiaho and Diakhate hadn't played a match for us this season (Taukeiaho is still recovering from injury, don't know about Diakhate). But Nikorima had played a bunch. An incident 'contrary to the club's values' covers a multitude of sins, I'm sure we'll get the full story soon.

Wigan v Wire next weekend and Rovers v London, so potential for some slight position changes next week.

I'll say.

Wire now top. KR second. Wigan slip to third. Saints in freefall with their fifth straight loss. If we beat Hull and Salford beat Cas then Saints can end the weekend down in sixth.

Sam Tomkins starting for us tonight :cool: Welcome back big lad, you've been missed.

***Edit***

14-6 HT. A try for Tomkins on his return was good. The red card for Sims was entirely bizarre...apparently the Hull player falling into the head contact and then making an absolute meal out of it doesn't count as mitigation? Hey ho. Helping our cause was Hull thickit Sao deciding to try and brain Tomkins, earning himself a red and putting the sides back to equal manpower.

Still some annoying handling errors on our side. We'll need to iron those out and not start the second half like we've been doing of late, making mistakes and conceding early tries.

***Edit 2***

Ah, I see. Sims got the red not for the contact, but for picking up the 'injured' (there was nothing wrong with the snide ****) player. Okay. Irritating, but okay.

***Edit 3***

Yep, did it again :rolleyes: Silly error leads straight to a Hull try.

***Edit 4***

Better, for a while. 20-12. Both sides making basic errors as the tiredness and the heat get to them.

Last edited:
Reasonably good Magic Weekend so far. Saints getting stuffed, London winning their foot-of-the-table clash. Now to see how our slightly reworked side does against KR.

***Edit***

Meanwhile, things looking ever worse for Whitehaven. Hopefully they can find a way forward, but they've been having utterly dismal attendances and are struggling to pay the players that they still have. Plus, HMRC won't be giving them the same kind of leeway regarding unpaid tax as a soccer club would get so a winding up order is looking increasingly likely.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom