***The Official Rugby League 2024 Thread***

12-12 HT.

Egalité probably a fair reflection of the half. Both sides making errors. Both sides also playing decent rugby at times.

Need to not do what we've been doing of late and concede early in the second half through something stupid.

***Edit***

*sigh*

And there it is. Put ourselves under pressure, miss a couple of tackles, Wigan try.

***Edit 2***

And again :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I don't understand how Wigan haven't come away from all that down to 12 men for ten minutes. Multiple infringements in quick succession denying Dragons a go at the try line, including a dangerous tackle on Benji.

Oh wait. Chris Kendall is reffing. So I do understand.

And as I type this another infringement! Finally getting around to carding one of the buggers.

***Edit***

A late consolation try for les Dracs.

I'm sore that Kendall waited until Wigan were two tries in front before he started pulling them up for the high tackles that they'd been making all bloody match. But Wigan overall were the better side, and that final score of 18-26 isn't too far out of sight.

Last edited:
Some of the refs do need looking at, it ruins the game completely.

Kendall's made himself untouchable by complaining about getting abused on social media. So now any criticism of him is held up as being abusive. Some of that criticism probably isn't warranted, a lot of it genuinely is and has been for far too long. There are much better, fairer, more competent referees in the game than Chris bloody Kendall and it's well past time that someone in power pointed that out to him.

Last edited:
With respect to the refereeing decisions, I'm a firm believer that it all balances out over the course of the season and ultimately on average over the course of a year you get the results you deserve. Some go for you, some against, we don't use robots to ref matches but seem to expect them to be perfect.

Oh, I agree that with the bulk of Super League referees the decisions good or bad even out. And I don't expect them to get every single decision right - that's why we have TMOs, after all. Sometimes they'll get it wrong, that's life.

But Kendall is genuinely a terrible, terrible referee.

Gaaaaaaaah.

Watched the Dragons-Broncos match on BBC iPlayer. No complaints about the match particularly or the scoreline - Dragons ground out the win, London gave a good account of themselves.

But the commentary...

Jesus. H. Tapdancing. **** nuggeting. Christ.

How does anyone cope with English RL commentary any more? It's so ******* wretched. Really I'm upset mostly with myself for not putting in the effort to set up l'Equipe's stream to watch it with French commentary, who at least can follow a game without getting distracted by something shiny in the press box. And who have a passing understanding of the laws of the game.

Love that the BBC are actually showing Super League matches :) Hate that they're making watching those matches feel like a chore :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom