DirectX® 9.0 compatible sound card
LAN/Internet connection with low latency Cable/DSL speeds for multiplayer
Keyboard, Mouse

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Microsoft® Windows® XP (Service Pack 2) / Microsoft® Windows® 2000 SP4
Processor type : Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 / AMD 64 X2 4200+
1.5 GB RAM
10 GB available hard drive space
256 MB DirectX® 9.0c compatible card / nVIDIA® GeForce™ 7900 / ATI Radeon® X1950
LAN/Internet connection with low latency Cable/DSL/T1+ speeds for multiplayer
Keyboard, Mouse

HIGH SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Microsoft® Windows® XP (Service Pack 2) / Microsoft® Windows® 2000 SP4
Processor type : Intel Core2 Duo E6700 / AMD 64 X2 5200+
2 GB RAM
10 GB available hard drive space
512 MB DirectX® 9.0c compatible card / nVIDIA® GeForce™ 8800 / ATI Radeon® X2800
LAN/Internet connection with low latency Cable/DSL/T1+ speeds for multiplayer
Keyboard, Mouse

LoadsaMoney said:
Well thats another thread ruined by piracy talk *sigh*. :(

:( Gutted. As for Perf issue's, with the beta i found i gained around 100-150 FPS :eek: by putting static lighting on, it seem's the HDR optimization in this game is the worst thing about it.

drunkenmaster said:
lol, at the people that think it looks good graphically, its so dull, and i don't mean "oo its washed out" because its designed to be like that, but the characters, even the people that say other things look great say the characters look damn poor. have you seen the ut3 engine anyone, or cryengine2, or, well anything made in the last year. the animation just makes the enemies look worse. AI, while theres big metal pipes to crouch behind, or other things to duck behind, you get multiple instances where an AI that comes to find you just runs back and forward behind a bush. they don't really shoot through bushes at you, but you can hit them.

they often know exactly where you are even if you've run behind several objects so it would be impossible to know where you'd pop out. your friendly AI characters often, when fighting with them and you are sticking head out the end of a car or whatever, will run into you and push you right out into the open where you get oblitorated, with the classic "sliding" feel, afaik you can't push them back so you always get shoved out the way and not vice-versa.

i get 200fps ish now without dynamic lighting, i guess all the crashing and a reboot worked a little better. its a little less retarded damage wise than i thought because i was playing on "master" level, rather than "stalker", so megahard instead of average basically.

farcry i think looks better, all the grass, bushes and things in STALKER are just 2d, half of them look like crappy sprites, like the taller bits that stick up around trees, they simply look terrible, truly awful. a lot of stuff looks ok, but i don't think anything looks great at all. some very nice lighting stuff and thats the only thing that is using a lot of power.

What did you get with Dynamic Lighting on?, im sensing Dynamic lighting is the most unoptimized thing about this game am i right?

drunkenmaster said:
i keep saying, stop looking at the very very very top settings, with a decent core 2 duo and a 8800 card you will not be breaking 100fps with dynamic lighting on at 1680x1050, so what, as has always been the same with all game, backing off a couple sliders one place hardly effects the look but drastically improves performance. because you can get 90% of the quality easily, the last 10% needs a lot of power but theres little to show for it.

its only dynamic lighting killing performance. my 8800gtx goes from 60ish fps to 200fps without it. i forgot to check on it, i did kinda get into the game, its kinda fun though so far i've only come across two none "normal" enemies and all the others are fairly boring. if you drop full dynamic i would imagine most cards x800 onwards should be able to provide the "upper" levels of texture, shading quality without to much of a problem, i haven't checked performance of dynamic lighting on objects only (a middle option) but i don't know if either options for dynamic lighting seem stable in vista 64, maybe its that, or the nvidia vista drivers i really don't know.

i would point out maybe FEAR as an example, soft shadows absolutely killed performance and offered little to no benefit and didn't actually effect the texture quality or anything else. it was just an additional effect that you can live without, though in FEAR i always thought the "soft shadows" actually looked worse.

Hardly from what ive seen people have gained 100-150 fps with dynamic off with G80's, i havn't seen this with every game :confused: , infact it's very very odd.

Had a lot of fun earlier. I've just got up to the first Lab and got the key code havn't gone furthur than this yet, as I went to the new zone I saw a stalker he had a bandit tied up aiming a scoped weapon at his head, I instantly pulled out my shotgun and blew his head off :D , the scope is superb. :D . Loving this game.

Im having the most weird problem one of my main concerns is the fact when im playing my fps can drop all of a sudden such as in a new area, so if i pause the game and go into the menu then click options as if i were going to change the settings, then leave everything as it is and click cancel and go back into game my FPS doubles and the game performs as it should on my hardware very odd :confused:.

Ulfhedjinn said:
It crashed me earlier and forced me to reboot, I had to leave the PC off at the mains for a few moments as it kept powering up when I pressed the switch on the back of the PSU even if I didn't touch the power button on the front of the case yet.

Hoping it's not killing mine, my first crash too! :eek:

at which point did it crash?.

Back
Top Bottom