**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

Oxygen said:
Was this the Lab where the items float around and the flames chase you all over the level? if so, yes I agree, although the end of level was a tad confusing once inside the Lab.
I am currently off looking for X16 and heading towards the Scorcher :eek:

Yep same here, where do i find the guide and doctors missions?

Just got out of x16 lab's had an incredible time, this game is truly awesome once you get going, im off to disable some attena now in the red forest near pripyat, does the guide mission come soon?

Hector said:
bad news i fear.. it seems you must have the flash drive from Strelok's stash before gtting finding Ghost else it won't trigger :( basicaly without Guide the hunt for Strelok is over.

:( , ive just finished turning off the psi emission and am about to do the wish granter missions, pretty gutted i won't see the good ending :(

EDIT: I still have the hunt for strelok mission in my pda?

Last edited:
v0n said:
Just finished it and all I can say is - DO NOT MOVE FOR WISH GRANTER MISSION FROM PREPIAT WITHOUT A CODE. And once in underground START SAVING TO SEPARATE SAVES. I think there is a bug which lets you enter final mission without escape code and you will only get one ending. So once again, the moment you hear about wish granter start looking for a code or you'll never see other ending to the game. Trust me, you will thank me later.

What code where do i find this?

:) well luckily i saved in yantar just before i went to x16 so on my next run through ill load that up and get the other endings . I now need some advice i have just got out of the psi base and disabled it, i have a few options should i go back to the bar etc and go and stock up on weapons and get the seva suit before i go to pripyat and chernobyl?

keogh said:
Could anybody tell me if the enemies on this respawn?

It doesn't seem so so far, but one area did give me this feeling, and I really really hope it isn't the case, but are there any areas in the game where enemies will keep appearing no matter? Like if I where to stand around an area for ages killing the bandits, will they keep reappearing forever?

I hope not, cos I cannot stand respawning games... Unless you have a weapon with infinite ammo of course!

Yes they do. :(

keogh said:
Ah ya joking right? What about on the missions though? Like in the military base and stuff when your fighting all the army. I'm past there, but thats the best example I can give.

My strategy is (and is with all games) find a place to sit where you can snipe them off, and wait for them to come to you and take them out. Can't get cornered that way. I took all them out and they didn't seem to respawn?

But I'm sure they respawn just wandering round the zone?

I think for big areas such as the warehouse they don't spawn but most places they will respawn, thats the main thing that annoys me about the game. It's supposed to be a baron wasteland yet there millions of people milling about.

fish99 said:
Well it doesn't exactly say anywhere it's supposed to be a barren wasteland. The valuable artifacts and the stories about the wish granter attract the stalkers. The monolith stalkers also have their own reasons for being there as you sort of find out towards the end, as do Duty and Freedom in there own way.

I do agree about the spawning though, it's by far the worst thing about the game. It happens everywhere too. The tunnels under the research lab, I came out of there having cleared them completely, went straight back in since I'd come out of the wrong end (long story but I also went in the wrong end, doing the tunnels back to front, so the mission status didn't update when I came out the wrong end) only to find it suddenly full of enemies again :rolleyes: There needs to be some spawning of course, but it happens far too quick. You end up just running past spawned enemies since you get fed up of killing them.

The game is set around the nuclear disastar, Chernobyl. The zone around Chernobyl is a deserted barren wasteland. Seeing hoards of people wandering about certainly spoils the mood sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom