*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S III ACCESSORIES Thread ***

Man of Honour
OP
Can anyone run me through the differences in the SDXC cards if poss? I see them with the little number "1" on it and some have "UHS" as well as the "1" so I am confused :confused:

http://www.integralmemory.com/faq/what-uhs-1

So the 1 cards use the performance UHS-1 interface (SD Version 3.01) which is capable of up to a maximum read speed of 104 MB/s. They are the fastest and the ones to get.

Man of Honour
OP
simulatorman, you got your fitbag yet?

I had to order direct as they stopped selling on amazon !

It's here in Alcantara:

galaxys314.jpg

galaxys315.jpg

galaxys316.jpg

It's just very tight fit. I know that these things loosen up but this is too tight. I think these were manufactured before they had the phone. I have already been in contact through Amazon and it will most probably go back in a day or so.

Man of Honour
OP
That looks loose from the picture if anything, but I guess that must be the depth of the bag making it look like that.

The picture deceives the eye. It had to be forced in (I'm not the only one to have to do this). Getting it out again is not a pleasant act :)p). Anyway, there is an issue and I will have another.

Man of Honour
OP
I’ve stopped using the zenis dock as the micro usb male connector on it is such a tight fit. The phone has to be put on/pulled off with some considerable force and that may damage it. It’s much more force than I’ve had to use before on a dock before. I’m certainly not going to lose any sleep over it as it only cost around seven pounds.

Man of Honour
OP
The Zenis dock (both black and white) I have isn't stiff on the USB port at all, can be docked and undocked gently with one hand, certainly doesn't feel like any pressure is being applied to the port at all.

Hundreds of people have this dock too and I've yet to read any reports of damaged USB ports on any device.

Well you've read a report now and because you haven’t seen a bad report doesn’t mean there aren’t bad ones out there. I suspect that aren’t that many reports about them out there.

It is after all cheap, tacky and lightweight, just a nasty plastic box with a slot. The only good thing about it was the colour. This one required two handed operation to remove the phone and a firm hand to place on the stand so it’s been consigned to the bin. I’m glad I didn’t have to spend very much on it.

My recommendation is buyer beware and spend your money elsewhere.

Man of Honour
OP
Finally got my Zenis dock for myself and my Dad this morning...

It's all good and everything - nice to sync and charge so easily and with the back of the phone up off the desk but my only concern is the actual plug bit on the dock - it feels like there's a bit of resistance compared to the usb cable charger and also I've noticed that there's two sticking out "prong" kind of bits - both on the usb cable and the dock connector bit and having looked at my phone in the socket there looks like two little grey marks where those prongs have sort of rubbed against it - I' dont know if they were there before or if its just been caused by pushing down on the dock... anyone else got similar?

My comments on the usb phone connector:

I’ve stopped using the zenis dock as the micro usb male connector on it is such a tight fit. The phone has to be put on/pulled off with some considerable force and that may damage it. It’s much more force than I’ve had to use before on a dock before. I’m certainly not going to lose any sleep over it as it only cost around seven pounds.

It took to hands to remove the phone from the dock. They definitely have some quality issues. I'm using another dock now.

Man of Honour
OP
Back
Top Bottom