*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S III ACCESSORIES Thread ***

Associate
Got an SGS2, have to option to pass this onto a family member and get the S3. Apart from enjoying a new toy i know its kinda pointless.

Finding it very hard not too, and the case options are making me want it more.

Still I also had been thinking about the LTE version, as i do spend time on the US.

CSA

CSA

Associate
have a look at phillips site, although not for only galaxy they are good quality
http://www.philips.co.uk/c/for-android-as851_10/prd/

yeah id seen them but thought they were abit pricey,theres some on the bay abit cheaper but they are for iphone/ipod , would an android device work on them ? surely its just a case of using the android software instead,are iphones micro usb ? ive never had one so not sure.

Soldato
I took delivery of the official Samsung charging dock today. Very high quality, good weight behind it and has a Audio Out port at the bottom. Quite nice seeing the phone go into "Dock" mode.

I think I am going to wait and see what happens with inductive charging before getting a dock but if nothing comes of it nice to know the current official one is decent!

Soldato
Got this today, Really like this on the S3 :)

sorry about pics taken with a BB 9780 :eek:

gIZxgJ1C

That flip case is pants - cost me £30 (only case around when I got my phone!) and the comments are the same from everyone - "WTF is that piece of cardboard on the front of your phone!" lol

Ordered a Rock case yesterday

Soldato
I really like those Rock Cases. It just annoys me that they leave the top and bottom so bare and without protection :(

Yes its a weird trend with some of these cases these days - look fabulous but offer next to no protection if you actually drop your phone.... :confused:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Their primary usage is to offer protection against scratching when placed on a hard surface for the phone, to protect against finger marks on the phone, and to provide additional grip so the phone doesn't slip out the hand in the first place :p

If the last part isn't being covered by the case then it doesn't deserve the name! ;)

Man of Honour
OP
I’ve stopped using the zenis dock as the micro usb male connector on it is such a tight fit. The phone has to be put on/pulled off with some considerable force and that may damage it. It’s much more force than I’ve had to use before on a dock before. I’m certainly not going to lose any sleep over it as it only cost around seven pounds.

Soldato
Their primary usage is to offer protection against scratching when placed on a hard surface for the phone, to protect against finger marks on the phone, and to provide additional grip so the phone doesn't slip out the hand in the first place :p

If the last part isn't being covered by the case then it doesn't deserve the name! ;)

Sounds almost like you're the muppet thats been designing these useless (but very pretty) cases! With that sort of justification you could work for Apple! :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I've never seen any of these cases advertise the fact that they're made to withstand drops, even though most will be just fine.

As mentioned before, it's all down to luck. Even the most expensive case will cause damage if the phone falls at the right angle.

Caporegime
Even the most expensive case will cause damage if the phone falls at the right angle.

Not if you have an otterbox or case mate tough etc. type of case! :p

Unless the screen falls onto the corner of a table or something ¬_¬

:p

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone found a line out cable (i.e. USB to 3.5mm plug) ? Want one so I can plug the thing in to the car.

Talking to myself (again :D)

I've found something called an aircast:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-F4U0...YQZ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339849436&sr=8-1

Plugs in to the aux socket in the car and connects to the phone over bluetooth, lets you take calls as well as streams music from the device.If a call comes in it can pause the music and resume after. Uses A2DP for the music and I assume AVRC to skip tracks/pause etc (the phone supports both standards), so i guess it should work.

Alternatively they also do this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-F8Z4...HUSE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1339849200&sr=8-5

Which is basically a bluetooth receiver. There must be rival products, not found them yet.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The Zenis dock (both black and white) I have isn't stiff on the USB port at all, can be docked and undocked gently with one hand, certainly doesn't feel like any pressure is being applied to the port at all.

Hundreds of people have this dock too and I've yet to read any reports of damaged USB ports on any device.

If the Samsung official dock was styled a bit nicer instead of being rather large and bulky looking it would have been ideal but as it stands, to me it looks like a dock designed for another phone, or a Universal dock. While the Zenis is semi universal anyway, it fits right at home with the S3/S2 or any other phone that fits pretty much.

Back
Top Bottom