• "Almost no" design change
  • New Qualcomm Snapdragon chipsets
  • 8K video capture for Ultra

drZT0CT.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
A round up of the offers.
  • Quicdo - 5%/£100 cashback (first 500 people)
  • TCB - 5%/£100 cashback
  • Samsung - up to £400 trade in
  • Blue Light Card - up to 10% off purchase price, also looks like you might be able to stack with Samsung's trade in offer
Annoyingly I can't trade in my Note9 for the S23, though Samsung offer trade in for the Note9 generally on their website just not for their new release. A shame as I would have been able to get the 512GB for £924 (Blue Light + trade in).

Edit - specific offer here that doesn't look too bad (need to delve in a bit more).

Also search Twitter for 'Get 10% off at Samsung.com' to find the 10% off code

hbK0XtN.png

Soldato
OP
I couldn't for life of me get these codes to work yesterday. Did you put it right at the end of the ordering process?
I added the phone and put the code in.

Codes do expire quickly as there will be a lot of people using them. Also, try clearing the cookies too by selecting the padlock in the URL bar (Chrome) or try a different browser. If you're using TCB/Quidco clear the cookies first and any adblockers are switched off before clicking on affiliate links or they wouldn't track.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I went with graphite. I've not managed to bring myself to get a case yet. I know I need one, especially as I managed to smash the screen on two of my last three phones but they all ruin the look of the phone and it makes picking a colour pointless.

For the S22/23 I think a case makes it look better, especially the leather one. I don't like the exposed cameras on the back, with a case it makes it all flush.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I looked at GSM Arena battery life tests, for example they measure the Zenfone 9 and S22U at the same numbers of hours (108) so its an incredible jump in battery life for the S23 IF that tweakers site is correct (beating the 5000mah Exynos S22U)

The Snapdragon is much more efficient than the Exynos, I'm never buying another Exynos again.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
With every Samsung release, someone is always moaning about not receiving this magical plastic return bag. It's a bog standard plastic bag, as long as you have the return label that's all that matters. You could return the phone in a bin bag for all they care.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah I've noticed mine has faded a little. I have what looks like a 5-10mm line on the left side now. After i appled it i had two lines (Top and bottom of the strip you take off)
I have been using the tool to press along the line too
The gap on the side is for people using cases. The line in the middle disappears, I thought mine was faulty at first. The Samsung screen protectors are the best ones I've ever used.

Soldato
OP
Read on hukd syndrome traded in iPhone 5s for £150 but that's not on the list?

You can trade in any phone (even feature phones) working or not and get £150 credit. So if you're trading in a decent phone and only get £200, you're actually not getting a good deal, as you can buy a £10 broken Blackberry on eBay and still get £150 for it.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
What screen protectors are everyone using for s23 Ultra?
Colleague has had his less than 1 week and has a massive scratch down the middle already :(

I scratched all my phones just from putting them in my pocket. The best screen protector is the official one, don't waste your time on anything else.

Back
Top Bottom