**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S23 Family Thread ****

Soldato
OP
Hey guys I have an S22 and I'm thinking about upgrading to the S23 from Samsung's website but was wondering a couple of things:

1. Can I stack a Twitter discount code with a student discount? (UNIDAYS)
2. Can I buy the S23 and trade in my S22 at a later date to so that I get more of a discount?

You can only use 1 code at a time.

I'm intrigued by you trade in later comment. How do you get more discount?

Soldato
OP
This is crazy. I still don't understand how they release buggy software! Surely you would expect them to check and test this before release.
It's a large piece of software with lots of moving parts. There aren't enough resources or time from a finance perspective to test every scenario and sometimes these bugs are very edge case that isn't in the test script.

Soldato
OP
Surprising news that after how successful using Snapdragon has been for them across the S23 range. Wonder what is behind it, supply issues or cost cutting perhaps?
Successful for who?

Qualcomm is making more money for each phone sold than Samsung. They got the market in a chokehold, they don't have any competition.

7cBAF3f.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Kinda ridiculous it can't be done on the phone itself? They make it possible to cut out an object from a photo by holding your finger on it but not to extract audio from a video. I wonder if iPhones have the option.
Not really that ridiculous, a simple google will bring back loads of results like this

And there are loads of apps available
jSWqFyx.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I had a couple of the official leather cases for the s22 ultra and while they looked great initially they discoloured very quickly. It seems to have been a common complaint - I take it the s23 versions are holding up better?
The S23 leather case is exactly the same as the S22 version quality wise

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I've been looking for a decent S23 deal, preferably S23 Ultra. Can't find any deals for a handset alone (don't need nor want a new contract).

Kinda coped for better deals in run up to Black Friday and as you say, S24 imminent.

It's an okay time to buy now, managed to get it down to £1,009 by stacking 2 codes
vOREtMf.png

Quidco has an offer for the next 2 days for 20% cashback (£200+ back). Which I also used when buying my S23, which helped me get mine for under £500.
hSLoHyr.png

This brings the total price down to around £800

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Spigen tough armour and official Samsung screen protectors from Amazon

Samsung 2x Transparent Screen Protector for Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G https://amzn.eu/d/i5uEnNb

S22 are the same size as S23
I've been through 2 packs of the Samsung S23 screen protectors. I've an issue where the screen protectors chips away at the edges after a few months. Never had this issue with the S22 protectors so I ordered them instead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom