The Official Samsung SM226BW Thread!

Associate
samsung 226bw first reviews

its out in the states this is from another site.

Okay. Here are my findings with the Samsung 226BW. It's pretty remarkable. I just would have preferred to have additional input options (Component, HDMI, or S-Video). The stand doesn't have height adjustment either. Despite those small let downs, this is a well designed LCD monitor.

Pixel 1:1 Mapping = Supported. Running any game at 1440x900 will center the resolution and give you black bars all around (top, bottom, left, right). I don't know if that is considered true 1:1 Pixel Mapping as I couldn't get the same results with any other resolution.

Back-light Bleeding = Minimum. With the brightness set to 100, you can see faint bleeding at the bottom of the screen only. Setting the brightness to 60 proved to be the cure for that issue.

Ghosting = Non-Existent. This LCD does the job in high fashion. Fast paced action is great and right on point. No blurriness, or ghosting is noticeable. You won't be disappointed.

Image Quality = Awesome. Everything displays beautifully. Whether it be a high res photograph, 1680x1050 gaming, HD video, or surfing the web, the 226BW produces very crisp image quality.

Color(s) = Colors are accurate & vibrant. Nothing seems to be over exposed at all. Tweaking the controls can prove to be very different however. For instance, customizing the Magic Color option between Custom, Demo, Full, or Intelligent can lead to some colors being to bright/colorful, which will require you to do unnecessary tweaking. I leave Magic Color set to Off, Color Tone set to Custom and just prefer to fine tune the brightness/contrast as the colors are already perfect.

Overall Score: 9/10

credit to original poster.

also found this 9 page review,its translated by google.
http://www.google.com/translate?u=h...174433__160.html&langpair=zh|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8

http://product.pcpop.com/000037087/Picture.html 73 pics

http://stream.pchome.net/2007/hardware/0125/226BW.swf a video!!

me wants one

Last edited:
Associate
OP
whats it like for fast games?

and watching DVD'S?

And browsing the net? :D

how did you get it so quick?

its not out till tomorrow! :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
OP
NO 22INS monitors are anything other than TN at the moment :mad:

i want to buy this 226bw but nobody has it in stock.

i'll wait a little while for some reviews.

Associate
OP
its 31 pounds CHEAPER elsewere ,i got so sick of waiting im not getting one now.

something else will be out next month.

270 in my opinion is way over the top for this monitor.

ill stick with my crt for now.

or for another 163 pounds get a 24 ins dell from a well known auction site :eek:

decisions decisions ????? :D

Associate
OP
yes but its a pity you couldn't do better with the price 280 is way over the top,looks like i'll order from somewhere else.

and save 40 pounds.

Associate
OP
well i've taken the plunge and ordered one........couldnt gamble on getting the A PANEL one,so paid the money for the S version from OCUK . :D

coming tomorrow !! the missus will be pleased after looking for a monitor for 3 months! well you got to do your research :D

Associate
OP
Gibbo said:
Hi there

I am in agreement here that this panel is truly the best 22" on the market, truly stunning quality all round. It looks amazing with its high glossy finish and the the picture quality and colours are fantastic. :)

We have spoken to Samsung in regard to the A and S versions making it clear to them we don't ever want to recieve a shipment of A panels from them. We have stipulated that OcUK must only ever get the S version. They can give their A panels to other customers. So hopefully this will help to keep our stock the S version, but needless to say it will be a hard one to keep tabs on but we shall try.

well ive ordered mine from you today gibbo ......and it better be the S panel :D

but really good work this only getting s panels :D

ocuk does it again!!!

simply the best.

Associate
OP
oh silly me ok from the desk to the start of the bezel its 7cm

and from the desk to the top its 42 cm

:cool:

been playing call of duty 2 its really crisp no ghosting

films look fantastic

well worth the money very happy :D

Associate
OP
i was in the same boat as you [5 yr old crt] and went to this screen.well its awesome its faster than the crt i pull the trigger in COD2 and bang down they go! its a awesome screen it really is :D

Back
Top Bottom