** The Official Space Flight Thread - The Space Station and Beyond **

Soldato
Actually I was going to make a thread on it until I guessed it might have already been discussed in here, so no I don't think it's a waste of money :)
(...I just had a pic uploaded and going to waste)

Pretty impressive landing a robot onto a speeding chunk of ice, well it will be if they manage it.

Good lad, we don't want the peasants from GD spoiling this great thread:)

Will be interesting to see what data they get from the comet:)

Man of Honour
OP
Looking good:

The 64-second test began at 1:15 p.m. EST with the Morpheus lander launching from the ground over a flame trench and ascending about 305 feet, significantly increasing the ascent velocity from the last test. Morpheus then flew forward, covering about 358 feet in 25 seconds before descending and landing on a dedicated pad inside the automated landing and hazard avoidance technology (ALHAT) hazard field. Morpheus landed within 15 inches of its target.

Man of Honour
OP
Not only a great video but a great picture as well:

5wb6.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
Another cracker from Mars:

Self-Portrait by Opportunity Mars Rover in January 2014

9wes.jpg

NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity recorded the component images for this self-portrait about three weeks before completing a decade of work on Mars. The rover's panoramic camera (Pancam) took the images during the interval Jan. 3, 2014, to Jan. 6, 2014, a few days after winds removed some of the dust that had been accumulating on the rover's solar panels.

Opportunity landed on Mars on Jan. 25, 2004, Universal Time (Jan. 24, 2004, PST) for a mission that was planned to last three months. It is still active 10 Earth years later.

This image is presented as a vertical projection. The mast on which the Pancam is mounted does not appear in the image, though its shadow does.

Image Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/Cornell Univ./Arizona State Univ.

Man of Honour
OP

Russian cosmonauts have completed a six hour and eight minute spacewalk to re-install the two UrtheCast cameras on the ISS. It has been a partial success as the high resolution camera is working but the lower resolution camera has a problem with sending telemetry back to earth.

Back
Top Bottom