** The Official Space Flight Thread - The Space Station and Beyond **

Man of Honour
I hope Peake gets better at speaking, I know they're probably told to keep it short today. But especially the question what would you say to the young people, could have been better.

Associate
I hope Peake gets better at speaking, I know they're probably told to keep it short today. But especially the question what would you say to the young people, could have been better.

He is good at speaking and putting message across. I think with the time delay and quality of the connection the point of the question was missed a little... You need to cut him some slack I reckon :p ....I'm knackered and not at my communicative best after going to the shops, let alone a trip to space :o

I'm deeply impressed, not only from this, but previous ISS/Stargazing Live progs, by how humble and lacking ego these people are. Considering what they do, they seem some of the most grounded (pun intended :D ) and nicest people you could ever wish to meet. Truly inspirational.

Last edited:
Associate
He is good at speaking and putting message across. I think with the time delay and quality of the connection the point of the question was missed a little... You need to cut him some slack I reckon :p ....I'm knackered and not at my communicative best after going to the shops, let alone a trip to space :o

I'm deeply impressed, not only from this, but previous ISS/Stargazing Live progs, by how humble and lacking ego these people are. Considering what they do, they seem some of the most grounded (pun intended :D ) and nicest people you could ever wish to meet. Truly inspirational.

Absolutely!

Could not put it any better than that.

Soldato
I thought it was great. Very tense to watch. I find it great looking at it from an engineering perspective aswell.

Seems to have somewhat spiked up the flat earthers on YouTube though. Which for obvious reasons, gives me a good laugh :D.

Man of Honour
OP
The work of the Arc Jet Facility at Johnson Space Center. Here researchers have the opportunity to test and refine spacecraft material and structural designs to determine what could withstand the extreme temperature, physical and chemical changes required to penetrate the atmosphere and return safely to earth:

Man of Honour
OP
SpaceX will deliver 11 satellites to low-Earth orbit for ORBCOMM and aims to land the Falcon 9 booster's rocket back at Cape Canaveral.

Launch will be no earlier than 01:29 UTC Monday morning and live here:

The booster return sequence:

lGS8S4n.jpg

Looking good with a 90% chance of favourable weather for tonight.

Man of Honour
OP
Delayed until tonight:

SpaceX decided to postpone the Falcon 9 Return to Flight Mission on Sunday to a new liftoff target Monday night with a one-minute window opening at 1:33 UTC on Tuesday, 8:33p.m. local time at the Florida launch site. The delay has been called to provide additional time for reviews of Friday’s Static Fire Test and to allow the super-cooled Liquid Oxygen oxidizer to be conditioned for launch.

and:

Elon Musk ‏@elonmusk
Just reviewed mission params w SpaceX team. Monte Carlo runs show tmrw night has a 10% higher chance of a good landing. Punting 24 hrs.

Back
Top Bottom