** The Official Space Flight Thread - The Space Station and Beyond **

Man of Honour
PBS have a show in 2nd of march I think it's online and anyone can watch, but we will see. Following Scott Kellys year in space.

http://www.pbs.org/video/2365666600/
Follow astronaut Scott Kelly’s record-breaking 12-month mission on the International Space Station, from launch to landing, as NASA charts the effects of long-duration spaceflight by comparing him to his identical twin on Earth, astronaut Mark Kelly. Landing Wednesday, March 2 at 8/7c.

Man of Honour
OP
SpaceX SES-9 launch update:

Unfortunately upper-level winds continue to exceed acceptable limits and are expected to get worse as we approach tonight’s launch window, so we are forgoing today’s launch attempt. Winds are forecast to exceed acceptable limits through Thursday. Our team will continue working with the Air Force’s Launch Weather Officer to evaluate the best available opportunity for flight in the coming days.

Man of Honour
OP
The ExoMars 2016 spacecraft (Trace Gas Orbiter (TGO) and the Schiaparelli entry, descent and landing demonstrator) being prepared for its mid-March launch in Baikonur:

Man of Honour
OP
Expedition 47-48 Soyuz Commander Alexey Ovchinin and Flight Engineer Oleg Skripochka of Roscosmos and Flight Engineer Jeff Williams of NASA and their backups, Sergey Ryzhikov and Andrey Borisenko of Roscosmos and Shane Kimbrough of NASA head to Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan to complete their training:

Launch of Soyuz TMA-20M is scheduled for March 19.

Man of Honour
OP
SpaceX SES-9 launch on again for tonight:

Full version:

Only shots of the rocket and countdown net audio:

Window opens at 23:35 UTC.

Last weather forecast showed a 90% chance of favourable conditions

Man of Honour
I hope they actually launch tonight and it's successful.
I don't understand what they're playing at though, they were hoping fir over 20launches this year, basically one a fortnight, however even ignoring the delays they've only been scheduling one a month.

Back
Top Bottom