** The Official Space Flight Thread - The Space Station and Beyond **

Man of Honour
OP
Preparations at Baikonur for the launch of manned spacecraft "Soyuz-05 MS", which is scheduled for launch in the summer of 2017:

The crew will be commander Sergei Ryazan (Roscosmos) with flight engineers Randolph Breznik (NASA) and Paolo Nespoli (ESA).

Man of Honour
OP
Work is continuing on the preparation for the launch of the carrier rocket "Soyuz-U" with transport cargo ship "Progress MS-05." Launch is scheduled for February 22 at 05:58 UTC. This will be the last launch of the carrier rocket "Soyuz-U":

Man of Honour
OP
SpaceX's tenth Commercial Resupply Services mission (CRS-10) launches from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center on Saturday at 15:01 UTC (10:01 EST).

It will be live here:

and here:

The press kit is here.

Man of Honour
stream is about to go live, need an instantaneous launch for this one, so 15:01 or bust.
i'm putting odds on bust. Between new launch pad and the helium leak(although they have said they are good to go) i'm expecting we wont see it fly today.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Nice but simple remembrance video.
Only recently read about Apollo one as it has been in the news.
I remember both Shuttle disasters. I was only 10 at the time of Challenegr but still recall coming home from school and seeing it on the news.
Columbia I had seen reported that the landing would be live, so switched on the stream on my PC, and then watched in shock.. i think the worst in both cases is it was reported the crew initially survived.

Wonder though if it is any more than coincidence they all happened around the same time of the year?

Man of Honour
wasnt the leak issue then.

elon:
All systems go, except the movement trace of an upper stage engine steering hydraulic piston was slightly odd. Standing down to investigate

Man of Honour
successful launch and a successful landing, always amazed how close to the centre they are o landing.

39a back in business.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Work nears completion on the preparation for the launch of the carrier rocket "Soyuz-U" with transport cargo ship "Progress MS-05." Launch is scheduled for February 22 at 05:58 UTC. This will be the last launch of the carrier rocket "Soyuz-U":

Back
Top Bottom