***The Official Starfield Thread*** (As endorsed by TNA)

Soldato
I want to go ng+ and do main missions again, but the mission called Entangled left me scarred for life lol. I was stuck in there for about 6 hours. A choice to skip mission would be great i think.

Soldato
I want to go ng+ and do main missions again, but the mission called Entangled left me scarred for life lol. I was stuck in there for about 6 hours. A choice to skip mission would be great i think.

You have the choice to skip the main missions and just collect artifacts in NG+ when you first visit constellation. This avoids all the tedious and traumatic quests.

Every other mission from other factions remains open to run through though. The final Starborn missions are there once you get all artifacts too.

I always skipped the main missions from my first NG+.

Main tip for NG+ is save the game before entering the Unity, go straight to constellation and make sure you have a universe you want to settle in.

You will tell this by how constellation is set up.

All quest / side / purchasable weapons etc re scale in NG+ so it's great.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
All landing ships are always empty for me :/

These are not the usual landing ships. They usually land near features (abandoned factories etc) and if you manage to get to the hatch it is marked as inaccessible. If you kill the landing party then it bugs out (although so do the normal kind). If you are in the landing bay when this happens you get thrown out in mid-air about five hundred feet up. A good boost pack usually saves you.

Man of Honour
You can also skip some of the missions if you choose the normal path, by choosing speech options labelled as [starborn]. But sorry, entangled is one you have to do. Although you get the option to tell the director what is going on.

Soldato
What do you mean by this sorry?

The first thing to do once you enter your NG+ universe is to visit Constellation in New Atlantis.

This triggers the NG+ questline. Normally you speak to Sarah.

However, NG+ universes can be very random eg all of constellation dead, loads of NG+ versions of you and so on.

You can tell this on your first visit to constellation.

I've had some very odd NG+ universes and whilst never reloaded back to before entering the Unity, I have played them through super quickly, just getting the artifacts, completing the Starborn end quests and moving to the next Universe. Maybe 3 hours in a run through.

Soldato
The first thing to do once you enter your NG+ universe is to visit Constellation in New Atlantis.

This triggers the NG+ questline. Normally you speak to Sarah.

However, NG+ universes can be very random eg all of constellation dead, loads of NG+ versions of you and so on.

You can tell this on your first visit to constellation.

I've had some very odd NG+ universes and whilst never reloaded back to before entering the Unity, I have played them through super quickly, just getting the artifacts, completing the Starborn end quests and moving to the next Universe. Maybe 3 hours in a run through.
Oh right I didn't realise that there were different iterations, just assumed the world would be the same with higher levelled enemies. Thanks for clearing that up.

Soldato
Can’t wait until they drop the promised patch that 70 plus people are working on.
It is a great game imo but is so unpollished and buggy it boggles my mind

Here you go then. Think it be in Beta for a week or two before it become public.

Our latest update is now available in our Steam Beta. This update brings over a hundred fixes and adjustments, most of which focus on quality-of-life improvements and quest fixes. Our full list of patch notes is below. We believe we got that pesky asteroid follower this time....

We’re grateful for all the feedback we’ve seen and received and will continue to monitor and track your issues and critiques. As we noted last year, we’ll continue to have a steady stream of updates about every six weeks, so if you don’t see your issue addressed below, don’t lose faith! Keep sharing your feedback and issues so we can do our best to prioritize.

Thank you again and see you in Starfield!

Soldato
Just read the patch notes in their entirety.
Can someone point to the 'quality of life' improvements they quote please because I cant find one...only quest fixes and some minor visual enhancements.

Last edited:
Associate
It's a long but rather underwhelming patch list, IMHO.

None of the game-breaking bugs I hit are fixed.

Where is any new content for such a massively hyped AAA game with hundreds of developers?!?!

I've definitely had my money's worth out of Starfield (199h to date) but am underwhelmed at their ongoing support for the game.

Associate
Been hiding away but up to 160 hours and on ng3 now. Still thoroughly enjoying it.
I had a keyboard dilemma and couldn't play much so I got my hands on a faulty Steel series Apex Pro TKL for 10 quid and all it took to get it to work was to disable rapid trigger and put the actuation point above 2mm.
Have to say it's made Starfield combat more responsive and more enjoyable compared to the really bad cheap mechanical keyboard I was previously using.
Next is either play the UC Vanguard quest line again or actually do the Ryjuin quest line.

Man of Honour
OK, so I'm now on NG+3 and enjoying NG+ a lot more than I thought I would. NG+1 I went for the option of playing through the MQ again, and really enjoyed the fact that you get speech options that cut short, or even cut out, certain parts of the MQ. NG+2 I went the other way, and cut to the short version of the MQ. Which was fine except for the two hours chasing down temples at the end. I wish Vlad could give you all available ones at the same time, rather than constantly having to go backwards and forwards to the Eye. I'm now doing the MQ properly again in NG+3, while trying to get Barrett's temple quest. Level 81 now, so I might actually have a try at reaching level 100. Not bored yet.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Finally got Barrett to give me his temple quest, which only triggered after I completed the MQ but before Unity. Planning to stick about XP farming until I hit level 90 (currently level 86) then NG+ again. 660 hours and still not bored.

Last edited:
Associate
I see the new patch has been released (1.9.51).

Anyone tried it yet?

I'll have to fire it up for the first time in a couple of weeks (after the footie) to have a look! :p
Not yet, stuck trying to run an ethernet cable through the house so I can rid the WiFi dongle and steam link when in bed. I fancy planet hopping and stealing ships tucked up lol.

Back
Top Bottom