*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Soldato
It seems top be the better option for me given theres a lot of 40-50gb games out there.

Yeah, I wouldn't consider the 64GB version due to the eMMC storage and so £100 to double your internal memory and get what sounds like a superior screen is the way to go imo!

Very much an impulse buy for me to be honest - bizarrely I hadn't even heard about this thing before an hour ago and I never expected to be able to reserve one but I must have fallen lucky!

Soldato
https://www.steamdeck.com/en/

Looks really interesting. Like a big boys switch.

Starting at £349 for the basic system. Can also be used as a PC.

Steam Deck™ is the most powerful, full-featured gaming handheld in the world.
We partnered with AMD to create Steam Deck's custom APU, optimized for handheld gaming. It is a Zen 2 + RDNA 2 powerhouse, delivering more than enough performance to run the latest AAA games in a very efficient power envelope.

1200x800 60Hz LCD might let it down though.

The storage space is the problem yeah.

They are adding £100 to add 256gig of nand, that is some very expensive nand, or excessive profit margin. I expect the nvme options are subsidising the cheapest unit. They could have saved money using sata rated nand and controller?

Associate
Gone for the 512GB one, steam on the go sounds too good to miss although ill prob use it for a few weeks then it’ll sit in a drawer never to be seen again lol

Soldato
Reserved a 256gb model, will see how reviews go before paying the balance though. When are the first units expected?

December '21 bottom of main page on Steam Desk Website also says it top of page too.

Initial regional availability
Steam Deck starts shipping December 2021 to the United States, Canada, the European Union, and the United Kingdom. More regions coming in 2022—stay tuned for more info.

One thing I have noticed is one of the vents, assuming possibly the output vent is really near where you hold the 'Deck' might get a bit toasty on the fingers!

Last edited:
Soldato
I did a quick google and unless the switch comes in different flavours a switch is £280 which is quite a bit cheaper than this valve device.

Almost £70 cheaper than the cheapest valvedeck.

Presuming he's taking about the "upgraded" switch which really is a joke of an upgrade. Spec v spec deck wins hands down. Really depends what you play. I have a switch and quickly ran out of games I enjoyed.

Soldato
**** c****:rolleyes:

had a quick search of PS5s and see they go for around 550-650 now remember seeing 1-1.5k

think the scalping days for stuff is coming to an end and i hope something comes of the laws they talked about last year so this BS is a lot harder to pull off

It took them longer than I expected to put them up on Ebay, started checking from just after 6pm out of curiosity :)

Back
Top Bottom