** The Official WWDC 2012 Thread **

Soldato
Played with a retina yesterday and was amazed at the quality especially with a standard pro sitting next to it. It's a really wonderfull screen it's kind of a shame you can't get it in 17 inch.

Very jealous of all the people in a position of buying one now!

Izi

Izi

Soldato
Went to look at a retina MacBook Pro today whilst I was out... must admit I was disappointed with the screen - much like with the new iPad. The screen is not THAT noticeably better unless you actually put your nose to the screen, so wouldn't make me want to upgrade from the previous generation.

Do agree however that for a newcomer to Mac, it's a fantastic bit of kit. Definitely MacBook size rather than anywhere approaching Air though!

do you wear glasses?

Soldato
That doesn't even make sense... if I wore glasses, my vision would be at the very least 20/20 as it would be corrected... :rolleyes:

I must say however on an entirely different note, I found a Galaxy S3 pretty impressive (as a 4S owner).

Man of Honour
That doesn't even make sense... if I wore glasses, my vision would be at the very least 20/20 as it would be corrected... :rolleyes:

I must say however on an entirely different note, I found a Galaxy S3 pretty impressive (as a 4S owner).

You do seem to struggle seeing the quite clear difference though, I remember you said the same when the new iPad came out.

I can comfortably tell the difference at arms length between the iPad 2 and 3 screens, so needing your nose against the screen would raise some concerns over your eyesight.

Soldato
You do seem to struggle seeing the quite clear difference though, I remember you said the same when the new iPad came out.

I can comfortably tell the difference at arms length between the iPad 2 and 3 screens, so needing your nose against the screen would raise some concerns over your eyesight.

I don't think i've said I "can't" see the difference... just that the difference isn't as great as many people make out.

If you sit an normal MacBook alongside a retina MacBook and look at them without stooping down to get closer to the screen, they both look VERY similar.

Soldato
You can discern the individual pixels on a retina screen at 18+ inches away?

You must be related to Superman.

That's not what he said. He said he can see the difference between the 2 and 3. If you can discern individual pixels on the 2 but not on the 3, then you can see a difference whilst not discerning pixels on the 3 :)

Associate
I think I must need new eyes as I do struggle to tell the difference between the screens - from reading distance away.

One things for sure though I may not be able to tell the difference but I still want one - Phil Schiller is a marketing god!

Back
Top Bottom